PDA

View Full Version : "Business Management" Books.

sydneyguy34
28-02-2011, 10:41pm
Hi. Anyone have any advice on if there are any cooks on the market that are about small business management - but rather - leaning towards photography by chance?

I know there is tones of material online but i am looking to buy an actual book.

richie4540
28-02-2011, 11:52pm
One of the best business books I have read is called the "E myth" http://www.e-myth.com/ it really gives a good insight into what is involved with running a business especially from the point of view of a tradesman that wants his own business and starts their onw business thinking they will be their own boss and then find out that you indeed have more bosses (ie bank loans, employees etc..) I think it would also apply to starting a photographic business.

regards richie.

Longshots
01-03-2011, 11:59am
Yep I've read the E Myth as well - definitely support that one.

Lance B
01-03-2011, 12:30pm
I run my own business, but not photography related, and the best piece of advice I can give you is to make sure that your cashflow is good. I cannot stress this enough.

I have heard many a time that a seemingly successful business venture fails simply because they grew too fast and could not control their cashflow. Many orders come in and therefore the need to purchase goods to meet the demand only to find that they cannot pay their suppliers/creditors because they have not received money from the debtors yet. Keep a very close watch on your budget and don't let the business grow so fast that you cannot manage the cash flow.

johndom
01-03-2011, 10:13pm
Good advice.
But if you are a photographer with too much cash flow- bloody well done.

In answer to the question, i havent seen an australian one, there are a few american ones, amherst media does some or just look at amazon. Business principles apply no matter what business you are in.