PDA

View Full Version : BlackRapid RS DR-2 two camera strap

kmaisch
21-02-2011, 9:01am
Hey all,

Have done a bit of a review on a BlackRapid DR-2 two camera strap...

I found it to be very well made, very comfortable (worn over the shoulders rather than around the neck), and very easy to swap between two cameras (or unclip a camera for free-hand shooting). More detailed review here if you are interested: http://www.cameramarket.com.au/blackrapid-rs-dr-2-double-camera-strap-review/

Cheers,
Kim :)

OutCast
22-02-2011, 9:38pm
Cool ... I've been thinking about getting the single version ...

Kim - do you think your neck/shoulders would be better off getting the DR-2 and disconnecting one of the straps?

kmaisch
23-02-2011, 8:54pm
Kim - do you think your neck/shoulders would be better off getting the DR-2 and disconnecting one of the straps?

Yep, I used it in that configuration (single strap) at a gig over a couple of days, and found it a lot more comfortable than an over-the-neck strap. It was also a lot easier when I wasn't actually shooting with the camera (as far as keeping it out of the way - but still within easy reach).

Kim

DAdeGroot
23-02-2011, 9:03pm
I went with the DR-1 as I wanted a slightly wider strap than the DR-2. Still excellent, very comfortable and makes carrying 6kg of cameras for long periods of time quite easy.

And absolute joy when shooting events or weddings where a lens change would take too long and the action is very smooth.