PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got a canon d10?

fabian628
20-02-2011, 12:48pm
I am thinking of a waterproof camera. I am wondering if anyone has some experience with this camera, specifically taking it underwater. If you have any experience with other waterproof cameras, any input would be great. Looking for one with deep water resistance (i think both d10 and olympus 8010 have 10m water resistance).
Sample pictures would be great.

richie4540
21-02-2011, 10:09pm
fabian, i own a canon g11 and for christmas bought a UW housing and dived in Vanuatu , the shots were great and I will send you some. the best thing was I bought it from - http://www.digitaldiver.com.au/ikelite_cg11.html - in cairns and they shipped it to me overnight with only 2 days before I left as it was a last minute decision, the camera worked well underwater except I have trouble setting it to take raw photos as it seems that when you change to differnt modes it can revert to only shooting jpegs. before i dive again i will sort this out in the menus ( i might even have to read the manual).
the housing is rated to 60 meters and allows access to every control on the camera and has a cable connection to a remote flash which improves the photos immensely.

regards richie.