PDA

View Full Version : D60 exposure mode problems

ElizabethAtkinson
13-02-2011, 4:55pm
HI all

I'm having a lot of problems with the exposure modes on my D60. When I try to take a photo in shutter priority, aperture or manual they are all turning out very dark/black. When I take photos in the point and shoot modes (e.;g. portrait, landscape, auto etc. etc.) they are fine.

I am at the stage where I want to experiment with aperature and shutter settings but something is drastically wrong with my camera (or me?). Please can someone advise me what I am doing wrong.

TIA

I @ M
13-02-2011, 5:15pm
Liz, more information needed I think, you should be able to get comparable exposures very easily from the semi auto ( aperture or shutter priority modes ) as you do with the scene modes.

We need to be considering the ISO levels set and the available light to allow correct exposures in those modes.

As an example, if you go outside on a sunny evening like tonight and set your camera to ISO 200 and in aperture priority mode to F/8 you should have a correctly exposed pic of a general scene. If you don't then you may need to look at whether + or - exposure compensation has been applied to the settings.

arthurking83
13-02-2011, 7:05pm
post one or two of the images you've captured, and be sure to leave all exif info intact.

if using PS(or other program) don't use save for web, it kills exif data.

Use ViewNX2(free download) or you will have ViewNX(v1) on the CD that came with the camera, to convert the images(if shooting NEF or raw mode).
if shooting in jpg mode, then use a simple image resizing program, like FSViewer, or IDImager's image resizing program to resize to uploadable sizes.

i suspect it's Andrew says.. you may have compensation set in camera, or simply that you haven't got enough light to work with.

Big Pix
13-02-2011, 7:26pm
in shutter priority, aperture or manual check the "EV" button { +/-} ....... it should be on 0 .......