PDA

View Full Version : Web site feed back

whatsthatbeeping
10-02-2011, 12:32am
O.K I'll try hard not to make this a blatant self promotion plug, but I would appreciate some feed back on my business website I have designed.

It's my first foray into web design and pretty much done from scratch in Dream weaver.

No guesses as to who my market is and I've tried to make it as succinct as possible for my prospective clients.

http://www.entice-photography.com

Start up costs where $57 including domain name reg and 12 mts hosting.
Design time about 20 hrs

your thoughts as an outsider would be handy as you can get tunnel vision when designing your own site.

Cheers in advance

TIm

ricstew
10-02-2011, 6:37am
I think it looks great! Nice and clean and easy to find your way around in. Do you need all the 24hr turn around stuff under every column? Its a bit repetitive and I cant find what the actual terms and conditions are? You also need an contact form page for prospective clients to email you. They wont look for the tiny email thing at the bottom :( On your contact page the footer is way off to the right.
Darn good job!
cheers
Jan

johndom
16-02-2011, 1:25pm
It looks nice and proffessional tim, well done.
a contact form looks good, but i always find them a turn off, i would rather email direct. But I have found having your email address on the site leads to junk and spam. I have put john at john.com on my site just to avoid that.
Now i see there is a google ad for another photographer there. did you want that?

bb45pz
16-02-2011, 7:43pm
Not bad for real estate photography. Functional, clear and simple.

I'd probably be inclined to get rid of the Fine Art tab though. I'm not really a fan of photographers that cross promote, just looks amateurish IMO.

brindyman
16-02-2011, 8:05pm
well laid out but it does look cheaply made

the white background is too harsh....choose something darker

have a look at other photographers websites that target your specific genre and see how they have laid out their website

its a good start keep working on it though your on the right track :)

Sobriquet
02-03-2011, 6:47pm
Sweet, nice images nice layout, nice post process on your stylised images as well. I am guessing the 24hour turn around is important in that imdustry. Unfortunately you are selling to a market who want to keep the moeny in their pocket.

Redgum
02-03-2011, 8:53pm
Impressive, colours are fine. I like going there. My missus liked it and that says it all. (She's into real estate as an investor).