PDA

View Full Version : Moran contemporary photographic prize 2011

ricktas
02-02-2011, 6:20pm
I have had a request to promote the MORAN CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHIC PRIZE 2011 on Ausphotography.

So here is the announcement direct from the Moran Arts Foundation

MORAN CONTEMPORARY PHOTOGRAPHIC PRIZE 2011
OPEN SECTION

CALL FOR ENTRIES

$110,000 PRIZE MONEY

CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES TUESDAY 1 MARCH 2011

The Moran Arts Foundation invites photographers to submit photographic works in competition for the Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize 2011 - Australia's richest photographic prize.

Prize monies have increased for the Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize 2011 and will be awarded as follows:

$100,000 1ST PRIZE FOR THE BEST PHOTO BASED WORK

$10,000 HIGHLY COMMENDED WORKS (up to 5 X $2,000 PRIZES)

A maximum of 40 works will be selected as finalists. These works will be exhibited at the State Library of New South Wales 18th April until 10th July 2011 before touring Australia for a period of up to 12 months.

Entrants in the Open Section are asked to interpret the theme "Contemporary Life in Australia" with an emphasis on Australians going about their day-to-day lives within their environment. The prize promotes contemporary photography and excellence in photo-based work, including all types of analogue and digital photography. Images can be either colour or black and white.

The selection of finalists and the awarding of prizes will be determined by award winning Australian photographer, Samantha Everton.

Closing time and date for entries is 5pm Tuesday 1 March 2011. All entries (regardless of whether they have been created by an analogue or digital camera) must be received as a digital file(s) uploaded to the Moran Prizes website by this time and date.

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO ENTER ONLINE GO TO

WWW.MORANPRIZES.COM.AU

Namus
03-02-2011, 10:53am
Awesome - thank you for posting this :th3: Even if I don't enter, there are some great photos to look at from last year :th3:

dbax
16-04-2011, 11:51am
Just for interest here are the 2011 Open finalists
http://www.moranprizes.com.au/default.aspx?id=32

geoffsta
16-04-2011, 12:22pm
Umm. Interesting... Pity it's well past the closing date: 1st of March.
But it will be good to checkout other peoples work, not associated with AP.
Geoff.

Paul G
16-04-2011, 1:19pm
There's some great shots selected as finalists there. And a lot of them prove that there are no rules to be followed to be successful in someone's eyes.

Xenedis
16-04-2011, 2:30pm
Umm. Interesting... Pity it's well past the closing date: 1st of March.

You might like to have a quick peek at the date on which Rick posted.

Xebadir
16-04-2011, 9:25pm
One of my shots is amongst the entrants, but didn't get any further, but thats the way photographic comps go, depends on the judge and the mood. Very weird selection of shots that made the final, did anyone hear who the judge was? Seemed like nude was one of the criteria for this particular judge, as were complete candid/stalker type shots. Notice that anything to do with rural Australia struggled, some great shots there too.

geoffsta
16-04-2011, 9:55pm
Entrants in the Open Section are asked to interpret the theme "Contemporary Life in Australia" with an emphasis on Australians going about their day-to-day lives within their environment.

I wouldn't mind being a part of those naked girls daily lives. :th3:
I have seen a lot better images on here. There was some good ones, but there was also a lot that needed a lot to be desired. :eek:

ricstew
19-04-2011, 3:11pm
The primary schools photos were awesome....such a talented mob of kids in Oz! However some of the others didn't tickle me......I don't get the one with the two girls hanging off the clothesline........which was I supposed to be looking at? the clothesline? their faces or the hairy armpits?

ElectricImages
19-04-2011, 3:39pm
Wow, some amazing images there (yes, some ordinary ones too, but... meh). :) Thanks for posting the link, I'm inspired. :)