PDA

View Full Version : Memory card

Roosta
31-01-2011, 6:31pm
I want to get a new card for the trusty E-330, Obviously no movie capabilities, so I don't think I need the fastest available.

What are your thoughts?

Given I also have the Canon 50D which also uses CF, I was thinking of getting another CF, rather than a XD, but what speed works well for the E-330?

hursty
02-02-2011, 2:57pm
What speed is the card that you use in Canon 50D? Do you shoot RAW images? This is only a personal point of view is that you get the fastest card possible depending on specifications of your camera and budget. If you get a slow card then you will have to wait for the camera to write to the card. This can be annoying when wanting to take individual shots quickly. If the card is capable of being written to quicker than the camera can write you should in theory not have a hold up while waiting to take the next shot. Hope this helps. :)

Roosta
03-02-2011, 3:21pm
What speed is the card that you use in Canon 50D? Do you shoot RAW images? This is only a personal point of view is that you get the fastest card possible depending on specifications of your camera and budget. If you get a slow card then you will have to wait for the camera to write to the card. This can be annoying when wanting to take individual shots quickly. If the card is capable of being written to quicker than the camera can write you should in theory not have a hold up while waiting to take the next shot. Hope this helps. :)

Hay Hursty, I have a 8GB 30mb's Sandisk. I've looking at getting the 8GB 60mbs for the Canon and use the slower card in the OLy. Seems like all I need.

Cheers,