PDA

View Full Version : 5D or 7D

TheMrCheezy93
19-01-2011, 1:42pm
gday guys, im looking at upgrading in the next week or 2, i just need to know whats better for me... but ill be doing weddings, photoshoots, sports and land/seascape.... so yea... what do you suggest? please give me reasons too.. thankyou

SimonG
19-01-2011, 2:15pm
5d original or Mk II?

Haha, I'm currently thinking about the same question, so looking forward to reading replies also :)

From what I've read, the 5d2 has the advantage in IQ (especially at higher ISO), 7d has advantage in AF & frame rate.

Obviously in considering APSC vs full-frame, each will have inherent strengths also, some of which might be important depending on what you will be shooting more. For example, full frame will allow shallower depth of field, which might be good for weddings/portraits, but APSC will allow more reach in zoom lens' which you might need for sport etc.

For me (more weddings/portraits) I am leaning towards 5d2, even if it means saving for a little longer!

David Zeiser compares 5d2 and 7d for weddings here:

http://digitalprotalk.blogspot.com/2010/07/wednesdays-great-debate-canon-7d-or-5d.html

Speedway
19-01-2011, 2:40pm
!st question - what are you updating from and why?
To answer the original question:-
It all depends on what you shoot the most;
Weddings, studio, and low light Indoors or outdoors are the realm of the 5D
Wildlife, animals and birds, sports and action are where the 7D comes into it's own
Both are good for landscapes etc.
Keith.

kiwi
19-01-2011, 3:23pm
So, your 17, have a 450d and you've been doing photography for 12 months and we are yet to see any pictures of yours posted to AP

So, why upgrade ? Better glass might be a wiser investment

kiwi
19-01-2011, 5:55pm
Actually, I apologize, two photos. No weddings, people, sports etc so don't really know what's holding you back