PDA

View Full Version : Web Sharpening Kit

gcflora
17-01-2011, 5:16pm
Not really sure what sub-forum to put this in...

Anyway, I've written this script (attached) which basically implements my sharpen for web method. At this point I'm just after some feedback and/or ideas.

At the moment it doesn't check that the original image size is larger than the desired output size, but I am unsure of how to handle this situation -- at the moment it will resize the image UP to an intermediate size before resizing back down to the desired web size, which doesn't seem to produce awful results but I'm just not sure if this is the best way to do it.

By default the script makes a copy of your image before doing anything.

Documentation: There isn't much... just in the "README and INSTALL" text file.

I've only tested on a Windows 7 computer running CS5.

Please read the "README and INSTALL" text file within the .zip archive.

Cheers

gcflora
17-01-2011, 5:30pm
Owl with resize only (straight resize to 800px wide)

Owl resized with script at default settings

The dialog

gcflora
19-01-2011, 8:22pm
Update: Version 0.6

The main observable changes are a redesign of the user interface to make some of the numbers (hopefully) more intuitive. Tooltips (hints) now should show up for most of the controls if you hover your mouse over them. There are a few other small refinements also.

For those interested (and know what it means) the script is licensed under GPL License V3 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html).

Still only tested on Windows 7, PS CS5 :(

Anyway, let me know how it goes -- especially if you use OSX and/or a different version of Photoshop.

Cheers,
Craig