PDA

View Full Version : NIKON D300S - auto bracketing

douglasdc8
16-01-2011, 5:24pm
Hi guys, can anyone suggest a way that I can stop my D300S going into auto bracketing [BKT]
I think at times I am accidently pressing the FN button at the bottom of the body, but dont touch anyother dials. I have had this happen a few times and it is bl=====y annoying. Other than trying to keep my grubby fingers away from the FN button area, does anyone have any idea to try an alleviate my problem. Thanks in advance. Les:o:eek::(

kiwi
16-01-2011, 5:33pm
I'm confused, I thought to activate bkt it re requires you to both push the bkt button while at the same time turn the command dial ?

If it's the fn button I'm pretty sure you can reprogram it to something more innocuous

I @ M
16-01-2011, 5:45pm
Yup, the kiwi with 9024 posts is on the money. :D

It sounds very much like the function button has been assigned (in the command menu) to activate a preset bracketing burst.
Resetting the menu to the default or any other user customisable function will get rid of the bracketing task.

I don't have a D300 / S to tell you which specific menu # it is that you have to alter to get it back to normal as the D700 can do similar but under a different menu #.

arthurking83
16-01-2011, 7:47pm
CSM menu f4 is where you can assign, and turn on/off the fnc button.

As Andrew said, it can be assigned to quickly enable the function with a simple quick press.
If the menu item doesn't read FUNC. button press OFF, then you may need to set that ability to OFF, to stop inadvertent single press activation.
That is, it may be set to read FUNC. button press BKT which is different to what Kiwi referred too(which is how I use it).
The second line in that menu is where you press the FUNC button and rotate either of the control dials to set bracketing on or off and it's associated variables.

SerenityGate
18-01-2011, 1:28pm
Greetings
Press the FUNC button and rotate the wheel until it reads 0F
That turns it off. (or should)
Hope this helps

douglasdc8
21-01-2011, 1:16am
Many thanks guys - Im relatively new to Nikon [ ex Pentax ] and still getting used to the beasts. Thanks for the replies.