PDA

View Full Version : 40D Error 99 - Apparent Battery Malfunction

axler8
05-01-2011, 6:04pm
Hello,

I was at the woodford folk festival recently (photographic mecca) and was planning on taking some photos of the fire event finale, but was confunded through a camera error which prevented me from taking photos. "Error 99 - Please turn camera off then on and check battery". I did that, but nothing resulted. The click the camera was making as I turned it on sounded like the mirror swinging up, like when you start live view. After changing batteries to no effect, I simply left it off for a day and it has resumed normal function. Has anyone encountered this problem and know anything about its causes/solutions?

Thanks,

David

Gollum
05-01-2011, 6:36pm
Canon error codes are from 01 to 98. Any error that occurs that is not defined will generate an error 99. I think it’s time to take it to an authorised repair centre:

http://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/Support-Services/Camera-Service-Repairs

Hope this helps

calloyd
07-01-2011, 9:27pm
Hi David,
I had an error 99 with the same message on my EOS 400d and it ended up being a problem with the lens, so it might be worth checking the lens you were using at the time as well as the camera.

I had no clue why the problem was occurring until the lens died - when the lens was repaired I had no more error 99 messages.

neil70
07-01-2011, 9:36pm
I got an error 99 on my 40d and it was the shutter mech also. repaired under warenty