PDA

View Full Version : Nikon D70s switch not working

Herbert George
02-01-2011, 7:06pm
My Nikon D70s on/off switch does not function. Switching camera 'off' and nothing happens. Functions just as if camera still on. I've been pulling the battery out when not in use.
No doubt I'll have to send it away to have it repaired...unless I can use it as leverage with the wifey to upgrade to a D700...hmmmm ;)

I'm sort of posting this as more of a notification in case other people out there have had a similar problem with this body model. It may be a common issue to look out for...or it could be that I'm just rough with my camera :th3:

arthurking83
02-01-2011, 10:49pm
That sounds like a right ol PITA.. I reckon.

So with the switch set to off, you can still take a shot?

There's probably something gone loose in the switch under the skin and even tho the switch rotates, the inside workings aren't following.

Well.. either way, i hope you can't get it sorted!!... for sake of the leverage idea, that is.. :D(you can't have a partially functional camera now, can you!!?? ;))

Herbert George
03-01-2011, 11:58am
Certainly is painful. Especially when I rip the camera out of its bag to take an anticipated moment only to realise in my haste I hadn't shoved the battery in :Doh:

Yep with the switch off she still fires of the frames at a lazy 3fps. You're probably right about the gizzards of the switch not playing the game. Contacts or something of the like are misbehaving. I'll be sure to show my wife your opinion on getting the new camera when I broach the subject :D