PDA

View Full Version : New to Photography - New to Photoshop - Brain Exploding!

Yules
02-01-2011, 10:45am
Hi

I am new to photography and also new to Photoshop Elements 9 (Christmas Present!) and I'm having trouble resizing photos for the web (read the tutorial :p).

I am getting to the resize image section, but the box that comes up doesn't allow me to amend the pixel size, only the document size.

I have two littlies so don't have time to sit reading info all day, so kind of need the short answer!

TIA
Julia

ricktas
02-01-2011, 10:53am
Go to EDIT>PREFERENCES>RULES and set your sizing scale to PIXELS

Then follow this: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-change-image-size-and-resolution-in-photosh.html

Yules
02-01-2011, 10:58am
Boo...I've been referred to a 'dummies' website....I'm gutted :)

pcbermagui
02-01-2011, 11:05am
I've used Photoshop since V2.something about '93 and I'm still a dummy, don't fret you'll learn what you need and posts like this are a great source as Rick just proved. Its worth the effort!
pcbermagui

Greeny
05-02-2011, 4:35pm
Hey Yules .... I dream of advancing to the stage where I could attain dummy status ... there's so much to learn!! :D

Jaded62
05-02-2011, 5:35pm
Julia, you'll surprise yourself re how quick you pick up PSE. Within a year you'll be saying it's not enough and be looking to move up to CS5. I used PSE7 for 18 months and found it a great program, although the whole post processing thing is a bit daunting at first.

* removed : Members with under 30 days membership and 50 posts are not allowed to promote commercial sites on Ausphotography *

Cheers,

Mark

ameerat42
05-02-2011, 7:32pm
Hi Julia,
1st - you should be using the term "resampling", not "resizing" (from your problem description).
2nd - in PSE 9, make sure you tick the box that says "Resample Image" (or such like). Then you will be able to do all changes.
3rd - that link of Ricks does actually explain the idea - and I've bookmarked it.
4th - here's another link, that's as close as I can get to your actual problem.
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?loc=en_us&term=resampling%20in&cat=support&product=photoshopelements
5th - I use Photoshop CS2 and the Image Size dialog box looks like this...
Am.

Chinook
11-02-2011, 8:06pm
Thanks everyone this link has helped me. I am looking for the right program so very interested in all you have to say. :)

macmich
11-02-2011, 9:46pm
chinook
i use elements 8 and lightroom 3
i hardly touch elements now i think light romm3 is soi easy and user frendly
you can also download presets and addons for it
it might be worthwhile downloading atrial
cheers macca
i am very sorry about the spelling and whatever on this post i just looked at it
the pills i am on are doing the same as i was taking in the seventies but legal