PDA

View Full Version : eglobal digital camera's

triptych
28-12-2010, 1:37pm
Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but has anyone purchased from this online store?

Im looking at buying a new lens and this place is the cheapest by far, so am just wondering if anyone has bought from here and knows its legit...im just thinking that maybe if its price is too good to be true then maybe it is...

Link removed, please read the forum rules about promoting / linking businesses with under 50 posts / 30 days membership.

Boo53
29-12-2010, 11:14am
I hadn't seen the site before, but just checking their prices for a couple of lenses I've got on my wish list I don't think they're any cheaper than DWI, Topbuy, and quite possibly Digitalrev, but I shoot sony and digitalrev don't support sony all that well, which is a pity as they are a site sponsor

triptych
29-12-2010, 11:38am
lol woops, looks like i've been naughty....sorry!

Thanks Boo...will check those out :)

Watchamacallit
29-12-2010, 3:36pm
I've bought from eGlobal, albeit just a flash and misc goodies (so it's not much money if it went sour). Pretty good service and next day delivery, so they are pretty much setup like DWI. Surcharge for paypal, CC, etc and the shipping fee is fairly hefty (same as DWI). Tbh - wouldn't be surprised if it's another DWI front :)

That being said, I've had no issues with them.

DigitalRev
29-12-2010, 8:24pm
I hadn't seen the site before, but just checking their prices for a couple of lenses I've got on my wish list I don't think they're any cheaper than DWI, Topbuy, and quite possibly Digitalrev, but I shoot sony and digitalrev don't support sony all that well, which is a pity as they are a site sponsor

Hi John,

Are there any specific lenses you are looking for? We may not show Sony mount for some lenses on the website, but please feel free to PM me and I can check if we can have it come with Sony mount. :)

Mark L
21-03-2011, 9:06pm
I don't get it. trypych Has 211 posts, member since March 2011.
judester uses their first post to "bag' the mentioned vendor.
I understand it takes time to vet everything.

Wayne
21-03-2011, 9:26pm
I'll have a guess...

Preventing new members from posting links, promotions of commercial entities etc stops many spammers and prevents actively steering potential business away from the site's paying sponsors, however allowing new members to bag a commercial entity will not usually result in links to spam, or to an entity in competition with paying sponsors. The first post by Judester, while bagging a commercial entity, doesn't then try and promote an alternative entity in it's place.

ricktas
21-03-2011, 9:40pm
I don't get it. trypych Has 211 posts, member since March 2011.
judester uses their first post to "bag' the mentioned vendor.
I understand it takes time to vet everything.

Have a look at the date and time this thread was started (28-12-2010 12:37pm) , it is month's old and at the time Tryptych did not meet the requirements to post as per the edited notice.

The post by judester is just over an hour old and has now been removed as a site rule breach

stoogest
26-03-2011, 11:38am
Bought my Sigma 10-20mm through these guys without a hitch. Incredible price as well. Would definitely buy through them again.

Andrew.

ricstew
08-09-2011, 6:25am
Hmmm dragging up an old post again>>>>but anyone had any recent dealing with this co? They have the best price by a long way on a lens I want......:) I have looked for reviews and it seems pretty positive but thought I would check here too
cheers
Jan

agb
08-09-2011, 9:49am
Hmmm dragging up an old post again>>>>but anyone had any recent dealing with this co? They have the best price by a long way on a lens I want......:) I have looked for reviews and it seems pretty positive but thought I would check here too
cheers
Jan
I thought that britinozz had bought his camera from them and I have just done a search and yes, it does appear sa though they are the people he bought from. If you type eglobal in the searchbox it comes up with a few hits.

Papou
12-09-2011, 9:46pm
Least with DWI you have a telephone number and can talk to someone..ive emailed eglobal and dont even get a reply so how would that be for me if i had an issue and wanted to talk to someone??. yes i know there's a drop down liitle boz thingy to try contact them but it hasnt worked at all for me ey??..

98kellrs
12-09-2011, 9:56pm
I've used eGlobal for most of the gear mentioned in my signature and never had a problem, I've also struggled to find anywhere cheaper or more reliable.