PDA

View Full Version : Pro printing ?

ricstew
27-12-2010, 12:12pm
Hi all.....I am somewhat confused by the profiling needed for pro printing. If I get the ICC profile for say Frontier Digital ( or any other printer ) where do I put it? (on a mac/cs5 )
Is this just for soft proofing? Or the actual working space?
If for soft proofing do you then go into your working space ( sRGB) and fiddle with the colours till the soft proof looks right? Doesn't this defeat the purpose of calibrating your monitor?
I am looking at needing prints done....I have a recently opened fuji kiosk style print shop but nothing else. I did some el cheapo stuff as Xmas presents but it took a few goes before I was so/so happy with the colours. They looked great on my screen but yuk on theirs. I will say it was interesting watching the newbies struggle with the printer :) Seems it doesnt like the heat and everything stuck together.....
I am open to suggestions on somewhere "good".
Am I approaching this the right way?
cheers
Jan

ricstew
27-12-2010, 1:39pm
ok I think I have this sussed out......I downloaded the profile from nulab....followed the instructions......opened the nulab image and compared it to the one I wanted to print. I can see where it is too red. So add a adjustment layer, look in histogram and make sure its to the right? and adjust the reds. It looks more like the nulab pic now.......so is the correct?