PDA

View Full Version : Studio Cloud ?

ricstew
27-12-2010, 10:22am
I am back again :)
Does anyone use Studio Cloud?

Before I try and drag all my account stuff to the new computer the old boy suggested I use a "proper" account system.:o I will admit I have stuff all over the place and when it comes time to go to the accountant he rolls his eyes and makes disparaging remarks.....:( I know I am not the only person to use a shoe box!:D

anyway.....so after scrounging around the net I came across Studio Cloud.....it seems to have a decent reputation, Aussie tax stuff and all the other hooha. I would probably only look at the free version unless.....well I live in hope!:p

so does anyone have any comments on it? good or bad!

cheers
Jan

Redgum
28-12-2010, 2:20pm
Any sane reason you would want to store financials of site? Jan, as I understand it the idea (cloud) is to use on-line storage for accessability anywhere and anytime. For the last twenty years we have devised ways to protect important data and now we're encouraged to publish to the public domain for anyone to access. Cloud technology can be useful for multi-nationals but for individuals (lacking resources) it's known to be hazordous and is frequently breached. Why not go with a world standard like MYOB that can be set up for any business. Comes in all sorts of easy to use versions and most accountants can use the data without too much trouble. Just a thought. :)

Longshots
28-12-2010, 2:25pm
Yep, I'd agree with that. And MYOB - gets my tick as well :)

ricstew
28-12-2010, 9:37pm
The freebie is a local set up...on your own computer.....to store online is an add-on that costs to use which I wouldn't do. I cant get my head around MYOB...or Quicken...I have tried before ( I will admit it was years ago ) I am very numerically challenged. Numbers go out the window when I look at em :( I was looking for an easy option I guess. The old boy has an excel program he set up himself but I understand diddly squat about how it works :( I guess I better check with the number cruncher.....
Thanks guys
Jan

Redgum
28-12-2010, 9:48pm
Jan, you can't fool with software bookkeeping. If you don't understand it (and that's a large percentage of people) don't play with it. The penalties are far too high and ignorance is no excuse. Stick with paper based records or get someone else to do it. :)