PDA

View Full Version : yachts HDR Toning

patriciaann
16-12-2010, 10:40pm
I have found this wonderful new feature in PS CS 5 called HDR Toning, it really makes the color pop, but it also leaves a halo, any HDR gurus out there know how to avoid this thanks

Palomine
16-12-2010, 10:47pm
Nice shot and I'd be interested in any answer also.

stevemack
16-12-2010, 10:55pm
I have found this wonderful new feature in PS CS 5 called HDR Toning, it really makes the color pop, but it also leaves a halo, any HDR gurus out there know how to avoid this thanks

Edge glow radius 500px
strentgh 4.00
gamma 0.01
exposure 0
shadow 0
highlight 0
detail around +55%
vibrance 0
saturation 0

now the key is to adjust gamma,detail and strentgh that is all from them points i have given untill desired effect.
only the smallest amounts are needed.

with your picture there you need to adjust strentgh to minimize the halo.

steve.

patriciaann
16-12-2010, 11:09pm
Hi Steve
can you be a bit more specific in how to get the strength adjustment, , what part of PS is this to be found.....still have my L plates on with PS

colinbm
16-12-2010, 11:22pm
Oh Patricia
This is not a normals days sailing :eek:
Nice pic though. The only halo I can see is above the headland or are the clouds thinning ?

If I can ask you a question please ?
Your Canon Power Shot Pro which has been converted to Infrared, I have looked at the specs for this camera & I am interested to know how well the 'manual focus' works, Please ?
My S2IS (full spectrum) & S5IS both have manual focus..... but it works by pressing the four-way toggle button, up & down to find focus, which is useless, by looking at the small LCD or EVF screens.
The Powershot Pro seems to be by turning the lens barrel ?
Are there other Canon pro-sumer cameras with this feature too ? Or should I go to DSLR, Like Canon 500D ?
Cheers
Col