PDA

View Full Version : Starting out with a Canon Speedlight 430EX II

chillbill
15-12-2010, 2:26am
Hi fellow togs,

I have decided to purchase the Canon Speedlight 430EX II due to my budget and was curious to what additional accessories I would have to get for me in order to use it remotely/wireless.

I done a little bit of research where some togs were using radio transmits connecting the flash via pc holes? I'm not sure if the flash model I'm purchasing would be compatible with such accessories and am asking before I actually purchase it.

Thank you in advance,

Cb.

JM Tran
15-12-2010, 2:39am
what camera do you have first?

chillbill
15-12-2010, 2:49am
I have a canon 450D.

Cb

infl3xion
18-12-2010, 9:04pm
Well, you won't have wireless command from the camera body itself, neither will you have a PC port for off-camera flash.

I think your best bet would be to go with some cheaper radio triggers, mounted via hotshoe.

mpot
23-12-2010, 1:46am
I think your best bet would be to go with some cheaper radio triggers, mounted via hotshoe.

Or get a cheap TTL flash cable. It will allow you to do off-camera flash photography, but still keep ETTL support.

nexus
27-03-2011, 1:46pm
Wireless triggers would come in handy and would allow you to use multi light setups much easier (as well as provide more range without messy cables). To start out with I'm currently using YongNuo PT-04 wireless trigger sets that cost about $17 USD just to start out with and have been reasonably happy so far. I am able to sync up to 1/200 with my 50D and will be getting a light stand and umbrella to work with it. The receiver can be mounted on a tripod or flash umbrella mount so that'll be handy.