PDA

View Full Version : Jenolan Caves weekend meet 2nd & 3rd April (Updated)

en1gma
14-12-2010, 3:20pm
Hi all,

I am a new member to ap, it would be great to catch up in one of the many Sydney events.

So I figured I'll put out a EOI for a day photography trip to Jenolan caves, via wentworth falls.

If it was to go ahead, i would set a date for Jan/feb 2011.

What do you guys think, any takers? Suggestions?

Lance B
14-12-2010, 5:22pm
I have been meaning to get back up to Jenolan Caves for a while, so I would love to make it.

peterb666
14-12-2010, 6:02pm
A photographic trip to Jenolan and back in a day is a lot of travelling and you would probably miss the best lighting for landscapes (i.e. dawn and dusk). I would think an overnight trip would be a good idea and autumn ideal for such a trip. You would even have time do a couple of the caves that way.

Cheers

PeterB666

en1gma
14-12-2010, 7:58pm
A photographic trip to Jenolan and back in a day is a lot of travelling and you would probably miss the best lighting for landscapes (i.e. dawn and dusk). I would think an overnight trip would be a good idea and autumn ideal for such a trip. You would even have time do a couple of the caves that way.

That, I must say, is a very good idea. :th3:

Jenolan caves is 160km from Sydney - So that's about a 5 hour round trip. You would be right so an overnight stay would be great.

So, if we get enough interest for a Mid/Late march overnight weekend. Who here would like to assist me in organizing this?

Rob

peterb666
14-12-2010, 8:27pm
It seems a lot further from my home than 160km and a 5 hour round trip (Sutherland Shire). I will help you organise it. Late March seems fine or even 1st week of April (School hols start 9 April).

Wait and see what the feedback is over the next few days and it it seems a goer, I will put it in the Calendar.

en1gma
14-12-2010, 8:40pm
Sounds great!. Let's see the interest on this trip.

old dog
14-12-2010, 8:42pm
I`d love to join in if Julie and I can wangle it. Might have to come down the day before and stay over.....sounding better all the time.:D

silkdiver
15-12-2010, 12:45am
Since I have never been there, count me in, for helping too if you want

:santa: :xmas: :santa: :xmas: :santa:

sharath
15-12-2010, 4:09pm
If you do weekdays you can get a special photography trip organised where the guide shuts up lets us take in tripods and indulge our creative spirits. This of course would cost a little - call to find out.

Also it would be good to do some research about the caves you want to photograph. Time flies taking photos in those caves but they're absolutely worthwhile. Based on my experience, I would only manage a cave or two per day taking photos.

Enjoy!!

AmPhot
15-12-2010, 6:40pm
I'd be interested in this, 2 1/2 drive from my place (Hills district), so also would be up for an overnight stay. I have sent an email to them asking about photographic tours as there's nothing on their web site that I could find saying they run them. Will see what sort of reply I get.

en1gma
15-12-2010, 7:44pm
Thanks guys.

This is looking promising.

What I was thinking based on comments, the day would probably go something like this.

- Drive up in the morning to wentworth falls for brunch/photography (great pizza place there)
- Continue on to Jenolan for our first round of photography + a feed, etc..
- End the first night over drinks, depending on the night and if around the new moon, I would be getting in some uwa astro shots. ( oj and sleep for the kiddies if in attendance )
- Start the second day with further photography at Jenolan.
- end

Rob

raccoon
15-12-2010, 10:27pm
Sounds good to me.. Pencil me in

maccaroneski
01-01-2011, 12:11pm
Me too!

peterb666
17-01-2011, 10:52pm
I'd be interested in this, 2 1/2 drive from my place (Hills district), so also would be up for an overnight stay. I have sent an email to them asking about photographic tours as there's nothing on their web site that I could find saying they run them. Will see what sort of reply I get.

Hi Glenn, did you get a response?

Darey
17-01-2011, 11:02pm
I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if I can make it.

AmPhot
18-01-2011, 7:09am
Hi Glenn, did you get a response?

Yes I did, sorry it took a while but I've been moving old emails across to my new system and it took a while to find it. Here's what they said :

"Hi Glenn,

I would suggest a 2 hour tour of one of the caves, the day and time will determine which cave we can use . The cost would be $550 for the 10 people.

We can discuss logistics etc once you have chosen a date.

Regards

Domino Houlbrook-Cove
Manager Corporate, Functions & Events
p 02 6359 3983
f 02 6359 3083
domino.cove@jenolancaves.org.au
www.jenolancaves.org.au
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, 20 December 2010 8:59 PM
To: Domino Cove
Subject: Re: Cave tours - photography

Hi Domino,

At this stage we're in the early planning stages, so I can only provide rough details at the moment.

1. Size of the group should be about 10 people (plus gear).
2. We are all amateur/enthusiast level photographers, so it's only for personal use, not professional or retail.
3. Not sure on timings yet, I would imagine we would be pretty flexible as we're planning on making it an overnight
trip as we're travelling from Sydney. As I have never been to the caves I can't answer on how long we would need,
but I would assume given how long low light photography takes we would need at least the minimum time it takes
for a standard tour plus 30 minutes ? If you have run photographic tours before perhaps you could suggest what
tour durations would be a good fit ?
4. At this stage the current plan is for a trip in late March / early April 2011."

I just picked a round figure for the group size, not sure if it will cost more with a smaller group (I would assume so), but at least we have a ball park figure. I'd still be keen for this, I would think we'll need to start looking at booking this by late Feb. Thoughts ?

peterb666
18-01-2011, 8:56am
That sounds good. Based on 10 people, that is only around $5 to $10 a head more than normal pricing.

From the EOI, and discussions with others, I would guess we would have an absolute minimum of 8 and more likely 12 or more with family/friends that some may be bringing along.

I will put the first weekend in the calendar this evening as this seems the best fit.

The itinerary suggested by Rob looks excellent and we can all make our own arrangements for accommodation.

It may be an idea to either post in here, or a separate thread, confirmation of attendance, probably to be made AFTER people have booked accommodation. That way we don't get in the situation of telling the Caves people we want a tour with 20 people and only 6 turn up. Ouch $$$.

peterb666
18-01-2011, 7:25pm
Hi guys, I have added the Jenolan Caves weekend in the NSW events calendar for 2-3 April.

Cheers

Peter

Darey
19-01-2011, 3:03pm
Mary and I have booked in for a Dinner Bead and Breakfast package at Mountain Lodge (right behind Caves House) on 2nd April 2011.
My birthday is 1st May and Mary's is 2nd March so this is our birthday present to each other.
Some Details:
I only wanted single night accommodation and I didn't want to worry about looking around for food. Most cabins, lodges and room bookings are 2 night minimum on weekends so Mountain Lodge, offering single night stays, was the best fit for what I wanted.
The dinner is served in the Caves House Restaurant and I was told that, if we want, they will arrange a large table for 10-20 people if they are given 48 hours prior notice.
I booked a single room (King double) for 2 and the package cost $315 with a $100 deposit. (look at accommodation costs else where, add food costs and I think you will see this is not a bad package).
The booking number is 1300 76 33 11 and information can be found here: http://www.jenolancaves.org.au/Home_Page.php

So Mary and I are definitely attending the Jenolan Caves AP meet and we look forward to seeing you there.

peterb666
19-01-2011, 5:01pm
I have booked a room (also 2 nights to leave on Monday) in Caves House but it is very Monty Python as the rates have not been set for rooms in the main hotel for April and beyond. After some umming and arhing on their part, I managed to place a reservation.

I have to ring up a month before to find out how much and arranged the meal suppliment (also price unknown) to be added to the unknown room rate. They would not take a deposit.

raccoon
19-01-2011, 5:03pm
Quote: My birthday is 1st May and Mary's is 2nd March so this is our birthday present to each other.

Sounds like a birthday drink (or three) is in order...Lemonade of course:lol:

AmPhot
19-01-2011, 5:54pm
Well after all that I can't make this weekend guys, going to see James Morrison at Taronga on the 2nd. So hope the tour works out - Peter you might have to email Domino to finalise the tour booking etc.

silkdiver
19-01-2011, 6:26pm
Mary and I have booked in for a Dinner Bead and Breakfast package at Mountain Lodge (right behind Caves House) on 2nd April 2011.
So Mary and I are definitely attending the Jenolan Caves AP meet and we look forward to seeing you there.

I had booked at the same one :D So there are definitely 2 for me as well. We did the dinner/breaky thing as well, I figured it was easier.

Cheers
Jo

peterb666
19-01-2011, 7:41pm
Thanks Glenn. Sorry you cannot make it.

I will follow up with Domino next week. If anyone is DEFINITELY coming, please book suitable accommodation and get your details into the thread ASAP. And PLEASE do not say you are coming if you are undecided or uncommitted. It should be easier to deal with late additions rather than coming up short.

It would be nice to know some numbers to organise the cave tour. In the absence of any contrary advice, I will assume that partners would be coming on any special booking of the caves. I will contact Domino as soon as we have about 8 or 10 attendees confirmed.

Please indicate if you will be by yourself. My other half is not coming (she doesn't like people with cameras).

So far we have:

Darey (Greg & Mary)
Silkdiver (Jo & Richard)
PeterB666 (me)

Five confirmed.

NikonNellie
19-01-2011, 10:02pm
Too costly for me at the moment with hubby out of work so I definitely WILL NOT be going. :(

raccoon
20-01-2011, 3:38pm
Put me down for 3 pax.
Myself, Lyn and her friend Marilyn. (my assistants, except i still have to carry all the gear--They just tell me what to do LOL)
The accomodation people would not let me book till feb, so i will book mountain lodge for the nite of 2 April in early Feb

It does remind me of Faulty Towers... :lol:

peterb666
20-01-2011, 11:12pm
Thanks Paul

So far we have:

Darey (Greg & Mary)
Silkdiver (Jo & Richard)
PeterB666 (me)
Raccoon (Paul, Lyn & Marilyn)

Eight confirmed.

BTW Paul, I had to do a lot of sweet-talking to get my reservation yet it looks like neither Darey nor Silkdiver had any problem booking Mountain Lodge. Jo told me she tried to book online but could not add the meal package into the booking and had to ring. Both of us had trouble getting through to the "booking office" which unless it has changed is just the poor person stuck on the front desk.

I am wondering, when we are dining in the quite fine dining room on Saturday night, wether we will see a tall lanky guy with a garden gnome under his arm marching into the kitchens followed by the screams of a non-English speaking waiter.

raccoon
21-01-2011, 8:47am
After some talking they have accepted our booking for the 2nd april.

I am wondering, when we are dining in the quite fine dining room on Saturday night, wether we will see a tall lanky guy with a garden gnome under his arm marching into the kitchens followed by the screams of a non-English speaking waiter.[/QUOTE]

I believe the non speaking waiter may be taking english lessons, this is just rumour and not confirmed at the moment.. Also the tall lanky guy with garden gnome is giving goose step lessons to us as a bonus for our group booking

triptych
21-01-2011, 10:07am
Whatever you do...Dont mention ze war!!!

maccaroneski
21-01-2011, 11:04am
Tony and Cynthia - accommodation BOOKED! Mountain Lodge King Room, 2 April. And count Cynthia in for the photography tour as well.

peterb666
21-01-2011, 12:25pm
Thanks Tony.

The updated attendees list is:

So far we have:

Darey (Greg & Mary)
Silkdiver (Jo & Richard)
PeterB666 (me)
Maccaroneski (Tony & Cynthia)

Double digits!

en1gma
22-01-2011, 7:42am
IM BACK!!!

Sorry I had not been on - Christmas holiday break.

Thank you peter for running this through while I was away - I really appreciate it.

Please put my name down and a tentative +1 at the moment. also, please PM me what organization you need me to do

Regards,
Robert

peterb666
22-01-2011, 9:35am
Hi Robert, I will add you in when you have made an accommodation booking. It is too difficult to keep track of "tentative" lists.

Nothing else really needs to be done. I will follow up on Greg's contact re a private cave tour and take it from there for that. I am guessing we may need to cough up a small amount of money up-front for that but no point doing anything until the details are known.

en1gma
22-01-2011, 10:36am
Ok Great,

Will get a booking up and running and edit this post once confirmed.

Rob

peterb666
22-01-2011, 11:25am
Re post #33 - that should have been Glenn, not Greg. Sorry for not giving credit where it is due but that’s the Alzheimer’s in action.

80weeks
22-01-2011, 3:14pm
This sounds great, I will talk to my husband and get back to you once accommodation is booked.

Simbas
25-01-2011, 4:20pm
This trip is looking like a winner! I'll have a look at accommodation round this parts and let you know soon

Analog6
07-02-2011, 7:23am
I will put myself as a very tentative maybe - it depends on finances. Also for me it would be more like a 6 day trip and I would have to stay at the Jenolan Park Caravan Park at Oberon (can't afford on site rooms - far too expensive when I am unfortunately not working at all ATM). I've subscribed to this thread so I can keep an eye on it.

peterb666
07-02-2011, 12:31pm
Let us know when things are confirmed.

On another note, I will be following up a group booking of one of the caves soon (probably next week if I am not too slack).

Cheers

Peter

judybee
09-02-2011, 2:20pm
at this stage, I won't be going. If anything changes, I will let you know.
Sounds like great fun and I look forward to seeing all your photos.

sunset
18-02-2011, 4:11pm
Having read all the details for this and it's a place we've never been too I am seriously interested. Will discuss with the family and if we book some accomodation over the weekend I will update you so you can put me down for the tour.

peterb666
18-02-2011, 10:33pm
Thanks Ness

old dog
20-02-2011, 8:12pm
Julie and I are seriously thinking about getting there. Just have to find some acc close by for the fri and sat nite. So keep us penciled in.

peterb666
20-02-2011, 9:02pm
Thanks Graeme, let me know as soon as you have your arrangements confirmed.

peterb666
20-02-2011, 9:18pm
Greetings all.

I will follow up regarding organising a cave tour this week. I would expect the best time for this would be on Sunday (3 April morning), although there may be other options. I am assuming that everyone who is confirmed will be coming on the photo tour, even the non-photographers.

The itinerary suggested by Rob was as follows

- Saturday - Drive up in the morning to Wentworth Falls for brunch/photography (great pizza place there according to Rob)
- Continue on to Jenolan for our first round of photography + a feed, etc..
- End the first night over drinks, depending on the night and if around the new moon, Possibly some uwa astro shots. ( oj and sleep for the kiddies if in attendance )
- Start the second day (Sunday) with further photography at Jenolan.
- A final lunch and then most to return to their homes or whatever.

If you have not yet confirmed your accommodation, it would help if you can do this ASAP.

Any suggestions or requests for specific caves etc, please put them forward.

Cheers

Peter

Darey
21-02-2011, 1:14am
Peter,
Mary will not be joining us in the caves for the photography session, she has a good book and believes it will be less boring than waiting while we take our shots.

May I add to the itinerary a little MONGO SPOTTING exercise on Saturday night. I believe Mongo is partial to bats and slow photographers so Mongo may be stalking us on the meet.:D

looking forward to the meet-up.

raccoon
21-02-2011, 6:52am
Hi Peter.
Lyn and Marilyn will probably not join us on the cave tour

peterb666
21-02-2011, 1:05pm
OK, if some are not joining on the arranged cave tour, how much are people willing to pay for the tour?

From what I gather, the private tour it is a fixed price regardless of the number of bodies.

Darey
21-02-2011, 2:03pm
I,m happy to pay the extra otherwise why are we bothering to go there? I think we need the extra time to get worthwhile shots.

raccoon
21-02-2011, 2:15pm
I,m happy to pay the extra otherwise why are we bothering to go there? I think we need the extra time to get worthwhile shots.

I agree with Darey

old dog
21-02-2011, 3:57pm
hey guys....you will have to put up with the old dog and Julie. Have booked acc at the lodge for the saturday night dinner/brekky package.....and looking forward to meeting you all and having a fun time. We will leave home early on the sat morning to get to Wentworth falls by brunchtime. Be about 3 and 1/2 hours trip. Will find out about brunchtime later. Going to be a busy few days with me going to sydney on the train on the friday to get my new D7000 (I sure hope they have one). Will have just enough time to charge the battery and try to work out how to drive it..:D....and make that 2 for the tour as well.

Darey
21-02-2011, 5:11pm
Old dog,
Glad you can make it and I look forward to meeting you and Julie. I can't think of a better way for you to break in the D7000 and I may be able to pass on a couple of tips because I have had one for a couple of months and I love it.

old dog
21-02-2011, 5:32pm
sounds real good Darey. Shouldn`t be too big a task after jumping from the D80.

peterb666
21-02-2011, 5:44pm
hey guys....you will have to put up with the old dog and Julie. Have booked acc at the lodge for the saturday night dinner/brekky package.....and looking forward to meeting you all and having a fun time.

Welcome on board Old Dog

We now have as confirmed

Darey (Greg & Mary)
Silkdiver (Jo & Richard)
PeterB666 (me)
Old Dog (Julie and her old dog)

Old Dog, please supply a name if you prefer. Hmm, a new D7000 - and who said an old dog cannot learn a new trick?
Look forward to meeting you.

I am expecting that the private tour will be on Sunday morning but will wait and see what they suggest.

What is it with th lodge? I have stayed in there twice before and I prefer the amiance of the shared facilities in the old hotel and lack of television.

Cheers

Peter

Edit: If you are not on that list and have confirmed accommodation arrangements, please let me know.

peterb666
27-02-2011, 10:22pm
Hi guys

I have just sent a message off to Domino Houlbrook-Cove at Jenolan Caves to make arrangements for the cave tour.

If you are one of the tentatives and have not yet booked your accommodation, please do so as soon as possible and post a message into the thread. See the previous post for the list of confirmed bookings.

Thanks

Peter

peterb666
02-03-2011, 6:37pm
I received a reply from Domino Houlbrook-Cove. Here is what he has said...

I suggest to give you the best photographic material and the most time without interruption from other tour groups, that the tour is scheduled for 8.30am.

We would take you to the Persian and Egyptian Chambers of the Orient Cave and the into the Temple of Baal for the remainder of the time.

That's for a 2-hour tour and payment will be required in-full when confirming the booking. The cost is $550 and it is for a MAXIMUM of 10 people. At the moment, it looks like we have 9 people going down the caves so there is still one spot free (and hopefully no cancellations).

I will send the confirmed a PM shortly.

Cheers

Peter

peterb666
02-03-2011, 8:48pm
Photographic cave tour vacancies.

There is one definite place available on the private photographic tour and a second place available if you ask nicely.

old dog
03-03-2011, 2:28pm
hey Peter........old dog is Graeme.....:D......but don`t tell anyone ok..:th3:

peterb666
03-03-2011, 6:07pm
I know, you told me in a PM a couple of days ago ;)

Becareful who you tell, it may get out.

Thanks Graeme.

peterb666
07-03-2011, 8:56pm
I have booked an paid for the cave tour. I must say that Domino Houlbrook-Cove was very helpfull. We had a chat about a few things including booking a group table for dinner the Saturday night.

Cheers all.

raccoon
07-03-2011, 9:56pm
Sounds good to me

old dog
08-03-2011, 5:17pm
we might have to plan happy hour on sat night Peter....:th3:. Julie and I thought that we could bring cheeses and crackers and a bottle of wine (at least) and maybe some others could bring some goodies also. After all that fun...then we could go to dinner..:D

antongorlin
18-03-2011, 4:44pm
hey guys
I'm coming with you :party6:
already booked an accommodation at jenolan and 2 spots for the tour (me and my gf)
arriving on Friday 1st for 2 nights (why not take a day off for such a trip)
will use some coach to reach jenolan
looking forward to see you all there! it's been a while since I attended AP meets :)

would anyone be able to give a lift back to Katoomba on Sunday? don't want to wait until 3pm for the coach

antongorlin
19-03-2011, 9:53am
accually wait...aren't we going to the cave tour on Sunday?? I though that was Saturday for some reason.
then 3pm would be fine I guess

peterb666
19-03-2011, 11:59am
Welcome on board Anton.

The cave tour is at 8:30 am on Sunday morning and for 2 hours. I think everyone except for me will be leaving on Sunday afternoon. I am sure you will get some offers for transport back to civilisation.

Re Old Dog, I will be booking the group dinner table on Saturday night for 6pm. This is the time Domino from Jenolan Caves suggested. There is a "ghost tour" at 8pm if anyone is interested, other than that, maybe some nice night-time photography after stuffing ourselves.

Cheers

Peter

peterb666
21-03-2011, 11:16pm
Just updating out list...

Darey (Greg & Mary*)
Silkdiver (Jo & Richard)
PeterB666 (me)
Raccoon (Paul, Lyn* & Marilyn*)
Old Dog (Graeme and Julie*)
ColdBlood (Anton and his girlfriend - sorry, don't have a name)

The names with * will be surface dwellers during our cave tour.

sunset
22-03-2011, 9:58pm
Hi guys. We're booked! Better later than never although I obviously won't be able to come on the organised tour cos you're fulll so I'll just go on a normal tour with the family. There will be four of us (me, Graham, Danielle & my Mum Susan) and will join you for dinner on the Saturday night. We did mention this on the phone when booking. Look forward to seeing you all.

peterb666
22-03-2011, 10:30pm
Welcome on board Ness and glad you can make it.

The booking for the table will be made a few days beforehand. The events co-ordinator already knows about it and I will just need to confirm and provide numbers. There won't be any problems with that.

No doubt, there will be a few of us on other tours as well.

Cheers

Peter

old dog
27-03-2011, 4:39pm
hey Peter....about meeting up for brunch on saturday......where? I Know it`s Wentworth Falls but where/what cafe etc. Julie and I will be ravenous by the time we get there from Newcastle....:eek:

peterb666
28-03-2011, 12:25pm
Hi Graeme, as to where this would be, I don't know as it was the OP's suggestion and we haven't had any trace of him for months. I don't know Wentworth Falls so if anyone would like to provide a suggestion, please do (along with a time and any precursor to our feeding frenzy).

I would expect that not all would make brunch (while I would try, I cannot guarantee it as I haven't quite worked out what I want to do on the way to/from yet), I was intending to make a rendezvous at the outdoor area or seating near the café at Caves House for around 2:30pm.

Cheers

Peter

old dog
28-03-2011, 2:20pm
thanks Peter. That meet at 2.30pm sounds safer for us. We might have a shoot at Govets leap etc on the way if we have time. Looking forward to meeting up and shooting some.....cheers, Graeme

Darey
29-03-2011, 4:47pm
For what it is worth Mary & I will not be rushing to get up too early on Saturday morning (could be a late night Saturday) so we are aiming to be at Sublime Point Lookout (near Leura Fairmont resort) for a couple of shots at 11:30an to 12:00 noon. We will then go to Leura for a light lunch before making our way to Caves House for the 2:30pm meet-up.

Please feel welcome to join us at Sublime Point if you want to as we would enjoy the company over lunch.

PM me and I will give you my mobile number if you want to join us.

raccoon
29-03-2011, 5:12pm
We might try and make sublime point.. See you there if we make it

old dog
29-03-2011, 7:52pm
sounds good. Will try to make that.

maccaroneski
29-03-2011, 10:21pm
We'll be there Greg.

peterb666
29-03-2011, 10:32pm
Will probably join you at Sublime Point. Certainly Lura is the best spot for lunch.

Cheers

Peter

sunset
29-03-2011, 10:50pm
Sublime Point is sooo beautiful and just as the name suggests .. Sublime. We love it.
Anyway we'll probably just see you at Jenolan later in the day as we are going to the Zig Zag railway but haven't decided whether to go on the way up or the way back! Got to keep the young ones happy ... and that's just me :D

antongorlin
30-03-2011, 4:13pm
don't forget that we are moving clocks one hour back on Sunday!

peterb666
30-03-2011, 6:52pm
Greetings all.

I have booked our table in the Caves House restaurant for 6pm on Saturday night. This will allow time for you to have a feed and then go on the ghost tour (if you want) or a little night shooting. :D

I asked about tripods on the cave tours. We can take tripods on our private tour on Sunday morning but NOT on the public tours.

Last time I checked, the weather looked good with moderate days and cool nights and no rain.

Cheers

Peter

old dog
30-03-2011, 8:18pm
sounds great Peter. Really looking forward to this little adventure and meeting some more like minded folk.

antongorlin
31-03-2011, 8:07pm
need advice from expirienced cavemen :D
will I need telelens? will I need a flash?

peterb666
31-03-2011, 8:18pm
A standard zoom would probably be fine.

Generally not flash - the caves we are going into are lit to bring out the colours in the formations. A flash wouldn't hurt just in case, e.g. for fill work but you probably won't need to use it.

old dog
01-04-2011, 8:21pm
I`m bringing some candles....:D

peterb666
01-04-2011, 9:29pm
You won't need them. I have been told the sun shines out of my something or other.

sunset
02-04-2011, 8:24am
See you al later today :D

peterb666
03-04-2011, 4:39pm
Nice to meet up with some old friends and new. I have posted a couple of shots here (http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5100/5583907661_328ecf5ea9_z.jpgThe AP mob in the Temple of Doom (or something like that) 1 by peterb666, on Flickr). For those on the meet, please feel free to add your mugshots.

Great catching up with you, cheers to all.

antongorlin
03-04-2011, 7:22pm
the link doesn't work

Mark L
03-04-2011, 8:14pm
Try http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?81623-The-people-you-meet-at-Jenolan-Caves

antongorlin
04-04-2011, 8:45pm
that worked, thanks Mark

now, where do I put caves photos? landscapes forum?

peterb666
04-04-2011, 9:16pm
I must have copied the link wrong when I posted it. Thanks Mark.

Landscape forum sounds good. I look forward to seeing them.

I am still working on mine and about to hit the sack as I am doing an inland pre-dawn shot if the weather is OK.

Cheers

Peter

antongorlin
05-04-2011, 8:24am
Diamond Cave (no tripod) (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?81721-Diamond-Cave-Jenolan-Caves-(6-photos))

raccoon
05-04-2011, 5:48pm
Sorry it has taken me so long to post the group shot, but here it is.

From Left to right
Tanya (MS coldblood), Anton (Coldblood), Peter (Peterb666), Richard (Mr Silkdiver), Geoff(Old dog), Paul (Raccoon), Greg (Darey), Geoff (our cave Guide), Tony (Maccarenski), Cynthia (Ms Maccarenski), Joe (Silkdiver) AWOL was Nes (Sunset) who was with her family in cave at the time this pic was taken.

old dog
05-04-2011, 7:27pm
what a mottley crew Paul.....:lol:. Actually had a ball with you guys and gals. Julie enjoyed it all as well and it`s a lot of fun making new friends. So thanks to everyone for making it a friendly, happy and productive occassion. All I have to do now is to get CS5 so I can work on my pics. Nobody told me that with CS2 you can`t process raw data......:confused013. Cheers. and Paul, it`s Graeme here....:th3:

antongorlin
05-04-2011, 7:58pm
the whole cavemen tribe :)) nice photo

peterb666
05-04-2011, 8:20pm
I have had a fun few days and from Jenolan Caves went onto Parkes and did a pre-dawn shoot at the "The Dish" and am now in Tumbarumba before heading down to the coast to indulge in a week of splishy splashy.

Anyway, I have just finished processing our cave tour photos and have uploaded them here... (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?81766-Jenolan-Caves-AP-photo-meet)

sunset
05-04-2011, 10:28pm
Good shot even though I'm missing :D Enjoyed catching up with you all but sorry we didn't get to socialise tooo much. We loved the Temple of Baal cave though! Got a few nice shots even without the tripod!

raccoon
05-04-2011, 10:39pm
what a mottley crew Paul.....:lol:. Actually had a ball with you guys and gals. Julie enjoyed it all as well and it`s a lot of fun making new friends. So thanks to everyone for making it a friendly, happy and productive occassion. All I have to do now is to get CS5 so I can work on my pics. Nobody told me that with CS2 you can`t process raw data......:confused013. Cheers. and Paul, it`s Graeme here....:th3:

OOPs Sorry Graeme,

i know that but the brain was not in gear..

colinbm
05-04-2011, 11:31pm
At least the guide was the best looking :confused013
Col

Darey
06-04-2011, 12:17am
Old Dog (Graeme),

You can go to the Adobe site and download a free RAW to DNG converter for processing your RAW files.

You convert the files from RAW to DNG and then open the files with Photoshop to process them. I do this with my D7000 RAW files.

old dog
06-04-2011, 8:54am
great ...thanks Darey. Will be on it right now.........hmmmmm.......learning, learning.....:D