PDA

View Full Version : EOS 7D Locking Up

3rdeyevision
05-12-2010, 12:39am
Not sure if this is the best place to post this comment but I have been experiencing lock up issues with my EOS 7D. Bought it 2 weeks ago and lately since i have been using it alot it will randomly totally lock up. That is, nothing function on the camera and it wont even turn off when i use the on off button. I have to physically remove the battery to reset it.

Has anybody else experienced this and could it possibly be related to the CF card?

Any feedback would be helpful

Thanks

Art Vandelay
05-12-2010, 12:48am
Sounds weird. Particularly that you can't turn it off. Haven't had it happen.

I can't see it being CF card related, but it's worth trying a different one to see. It sounds more a camera issue.

Have you done any firmware updates ?

Speedway
05-12-2010, 10:07am
I get similar when the battery is nearly flat, fitting a charged battery fixes the problem.
Keith.

unistudent1962
05-12-2010, 11:53am
Send it back and have it checked while it's under warranty.

Talentspotter
06-12-2010, 6:33pm
Sounds like a problem I experienced with my 7D a while ago - and simply fixed. The battery grip had worked very slightly loose and the contact lost as a result. Took me a while to figure it out, but tightening the knob did the trick.

Arg
06-12-2010, 11:01pm
Has happened once to me and the card was faulty

3rdeyevision
07-12-2010, 12:02am
Thank you all for the feedback. So far i have changed my auto off feature to 30 mins and have not experienced the problem since. It was set to 1min by default. So it's obviously related to this feature. I can live with this but i will continue to see if i can find a solution. Last resort will be to send camera back under warranty.

I will try reformatting the card and if that doesnt work, i will reinstall firmware if possible.

I will post results in due course