PDA

View Full Version : Secret Harbour Fires

Aussie Battler
04-12-2010, 10:55am
One of the most amazing things I've ever seen...

DAdeGroot
04-12-2010, 11:05am
#2 really tells the story well. The others are all good too, but #2 is the stand-out shot for me because it has all the essential elements to show what is going on and the drama to hold people's attention.

peterking
04-12-2010, 11:57pm
Very scary how easily these can get out of control.
Agree with Dade. #2.

Shelley
05-12-2010, 4:49pm
Excellent shots - you look like you were not far from where I was taking my shots. Our property backs up to Mandurah Road, where the fires were. Some of our neighbours were very worried. Kelvin kept our area clear and would have turned the sprinklers on if the wind had turned.

Great perspective of the plane dropping the water.

bigbikes
05-12-2010, 5:10pm
Very scary stuff and nicely shot as well.The shots say it all. What amazes me is the the road hasn't been closed off.
:xmas31::xmas31:

Rod038
05-12-2010, 5:40pm
Great shots. Thank you for sharing.

Aussie Battler
05-12-2010, 6:22pm
Thanks all for taking the time to comment. It was mixture of emotions watching because of the danger to people and property but it was certainly a unique opportunity to see a bushfire in full swing. You hear people talking on the television and the like about how fast a fire can move but until you see it for yourself it's hard to appreciate.

You can judge for yourself how far away we were from the fire but even with the sea breeze blowing at what must have been twenty to twenty five knots, we could still feel the heat.

warhammer
08-12-2010, 2:59am
number two looks unreal, good P.O.V were you took the shot.. i like it.. nice job

Ninox
10-12-2010, 1:59am
You hear people talking on the television and the like about how fast a fire can move but until you see it for yourself it's hard to appreciate.
Very true, we have had fires come close to our property in the past with only a wind change and the excellent work of the water bombers that saved us.

Terrific photos, they really tell the story.

Jordan Compte
16-12-2010, 2:46pm
number 1 I LOVE!
I hope you submitted it to the news at least.

Tatts
16-12-2010, 8:04pm
I can't believe ppl were still driving past. Number 2 with the plane is great.