PDA

View Full Version : Nikon Digital back adaptor for F1 film camera

Vincent
03-12-2010, 1:57pm
Hi everyone is a adaptor for digital availabe for an old F1 film camera?

Vincent

TOM
03-12-2010, 4:44pm
No. .

I @ M
03-12-2010, 5:20pm
My thoughts,

I don't know of any digital backs / conversions for Nikon film bodies but if the F1 still functions acceptably then keep using it with film.

If you have a Nikon body you should have Nikkor or Nikon compatible lenses. Buy a second hand digital body and use those lenses to great effect at a fairly cheap price ( compared to the non existent digital backs ), cameras like the D200 that will meter with older lenses and offer very good control for exposure and focus are going for a song but can still take very good photos.

jjphoto
03-12-2010, 5:46pm
There's no such thing. You can't put a digital back on a film camera, unless you have a Leica R8/9, or certain medium or large format cameras.

JJ

Obes
04-12-2010, 9:14am
Kodak made a digital back that worked with the F90 (tho they sold it only with the camera body)
http://www.nikonweb.com/dcs420/ and it was stupidly huge

Vincent
07-12-2010, 3:45pm
My thoughts,

I don't know of any digital backs / conversions for Nikon film bodies but if the F1 still functions acceptably then keep using it with film.

If you have a Nikon body you should have Nikkor or Nikon compatible lenses. Buy a second hand digital body and use those lenses to great effect at a fairly cheap price ( compared to the non existent digital backs ), cameras like the D200 that will meter with older lenses and offer very good control for exposure and focus are going for a song but can still take very good photos.

Thanks I & M Will investigate