PDA

View Full Version : Issues with my 450d flash

elGrando
25-11-2010, 4:30am
I have been having problems with my 450d constantly having "BUSY" pop up on the screen and staying there sometimes long enough for me to consider throwing it, I restrained myself. Anyway I figured out it was mostly when I was using my flash. So after some googling i found that it is apparently common from overuse of inbuilt flash or something along those lines. My question is if I buy a speedlite/external flash
( remembering im not wanting to sell a kidney to fund it as its just a hobby for me) will this still happen or is there anything else I can do to fix it?

nuoz2
25-11-2010, 6:31am
Hi elgrando I have a 450d but have no trouble with the flash but I bought another flash so I could use it off camera hopefully to get better pictures.
Paul

PH005
25-11-2010, 8:26am
Does it only happen if you fire off a few flash shots in a short period. I can only think that it is the recharging system that is just a bit slow in keeping up, or the flash gets hot and needs a little time to cool. An external flash will cure these problems to a degree. Give some thought to how much you think you will use a flash and then decide wether to go for genuine or cheaper after market. You can get a new 430 EX II for a good price now, and if you upgrade your body down the track then it will serve you well. Best of luck.

bricat
25-11-2010, 8:27am
I think busy on the screen means that it is processing the photo. If that is the case then maybe an upgrade of the card would help. ( faster card) Something to ponder cheers Brian

tmd77
25-11-2010, 8:48am
I'm with bricat on this one, normally when taking consecutive photo's i get this appear on my 450d. I'd bet if you quickly flicked to view the photos, your last photo taken wouldnt actually show up straight away and you'd have to click across to see it.

upgrade to a quicker card and you should be sweet

davearnold
25-11-2010, 9:19am
I also think, it may be the SD card, I upgraded to a good card (expensive) on my 450D, and it has solved my "busy" issues.

cinvala
25-11-2010, 9:33am
The only time I get "busy" on my 450D is if I shoot 6 consecitive frames, never had a problem with the flash

elGrando
25-11-2010, 10:42pm
Thanks all I will look into a better card. It does seem to happen at all different times wether it be a sequence or jjust one shot.

LJG
26-11-2010, 8:30am
You'll also notice it is very slow on long exposure shots. Mine seems to take ages if I shoot above 15 seconds shutter speed.

Thoma
29-11-2010, 12:48pm
Yeah......sounds like card. I use SDHC cards in my 500D....only have 'Busy' issues on longer than
average exp. shots.:)

Thoma.