PDA

View Full Version : setting up a 580exII to fire from a receiver???

41jas
23-11-2010, 11:15am
OK, I have a light kit with 2 flashes which are easy to use..BUT I'd like to use my 580exII flash as well to lighten up the white background. I use a set of Yongnuo receivers RF-602RX. I have 3 of them but would really know how to get my 580 flash to work from them as well to have that 3rd flash. I've tried and am going to try again tomorrow on my day off but I thought I'd ask today so I can put the method into action tomorrow to make sure it works..What settings do you need to have it on so it works. I tried Manual but is there something else you need to do with it?
I appreciate any advice....Please help!

I'm fine with it on camera but when its on the receiver I'm Stumped.
I'm sure it's something simple.

41jas
23-11-2010, 11:31pm
I was hoping to get some help before tomorrow when I'm home to try it.
Does anyone know?....anything about it.

41jas
24-11-2010, 9:20am
Can ANYONE help out with this???

MarkChap
24-11-2010, 9:28am
Julie-Anne
Just set you 580EXII on manual, attach it to the trigger and away you go

You can dial down the output power by using the cetre wheel on the 580 to get the desired result

JM Tran
24-11-2010, 9:36am
Hi Julie, just make sure the receivers are all on the same channel too, if u find that they are not all firing at once. Also make sure that none of the flashes are on slave mode as it sometimes interfere with the signal from the receiver from my experiences.

DAdeGroot
24-11-2010, 10:07am
Pretty much been already said, but in case you haven't found it yet, the PC port on the flash is on the left hand side (looking from rear) under the rubber cap at the base. You'll need a PC -> trigger cable.

Set your 580 to manual mode, dial in the desired flash power (1/1 is probably going to be too much), and try a test flash with the trigger. If it doesn't go off, make sure your receiver is on and on the same channel as the trigger and that the PC port is connected properly.

41jas
24-11-2010, 10:15am
Thanks Mark for ringing.

Yeah, that's what I've tried and I will triple check that everything is switched on. I will get back to you as soon as I know everything is working.

It had me stumped before but like you said...I could of missed something so simple. (more than likely)

41jas
24-11-2010, 10:24am
Trigger cable..I do have one. I will look later and give it all a test. Thanks you sooo much guys.

Much appreciated.

41jas
24-11-2010, 3:05pm
Well I tested it and it's B!@@dy working.

God knows what I did wrong but thanks for taking the time to help me.

Now the family is gone I'm going to have more of a play. (just to make double sure)