PDA

View Full Version : Xmas & new year fire works.

hancor
23-11-2010, 12:13am
Hi All

As we are all aware the big fat man is coming down the chimney soon. So that means there is plenty of firework displays and also on New Years Eve.

I know it all depends on conditions but can some one give me some basic guides to go off as you don't get much chance as fire works a rare to come by.

Cheers

kiwi
23-11-2010, 12:34am
Use iso200, f/8, s/s about 5" and see how you go, tripod, sunny wb, prefocus manually

I've done it once, but hey, that makes me an expert right ?

http://peakactionimages.com/gallery/main.php/d/194019-1/OCT_9421.jpg

hancor
23-11-2010, 10:46am
Thanks Kiwi - top shot !

I will let you know as this saturday night there is a big fire works display for the turning on the xmas tree lights in Frankston.

Cheers

ricktas
23-11-2010, 10:54am
Thanks Kiwi - top shot !

I will let you know as this saturday night there is a big fire works display for the turning on the xmas tree lights in Frankston.

Cheers

That is the way, use the knowledge you get from here, and then practice on some before NYE. If you can find somewhere that fireworks are being shot up, with water around, try and get on the opposing shore, fireworksm with a reflection on water, work very well too.

PhAT
29-11-2010, 11:13pm
i dont know if this way works but someone was telling me to set it to bulb, start taking the photo and when ever there is a small gap put a black cap over your lens.
but i dont know if it works so someone correct me if i am wrong.

wheaty78
08-02-2011, 10:52am
I set aperture to about f8 and use the bulb setting on a tripod with a remote shutter release cable. I prefocus before the action starts and turn AF off. Then its just a matter of test and adjust....I usually do exposures of around 5 secs. But it depends whats going on. If there are loads of bright fireworks, 5 secs would be too long. 67406