PDA

View Full Version : accordian albums/flip books/brag books:::::::

ricstew
19-11-2010, 8:33am
The mini style? Does any one know who prints them in Australia? I cant seem to find them online.......but maybe I am not looking for the right thing in the right name?
cheers
Jan

ricktas
19-11-2010, 8:36am
www.momento.com.au have a good range of albums, books, coffee table stuff etc. Check them out

farquar
22-11-2010, 11:30pm
* removed - members with under 30 days membership and less than 50 posts cannot promote commercial sites : admin * have the little self adhesive pages in their accordion albums. Don't see much need for them nowadays. Most people have a phone in their handbag/pocket which has largely replaced the need for pocket sized prints.

ricstew
23-11-2010, 6:55am
Other than being expensive they are totally boring! I actually found a lass on Etsy who handmakes them in pretty papers. The phone may be a useful item but actual real prints, in pretty papers, nicely wrapped make a nice gift.......and these little albums look pretty on a desk or dressing table. I love the modern colours and handmade/recycled papers.......I would like the AU album makers to get more with it!
cheers
Jan

farquar
23-11-2010, 11:18am
Amen! I have emailed a few Aussie album manufacturers (whom I cannot name) with requests to add more diversity to their product offerings. Many are doing so and some are willing to develop customized products if you are able to order realistic minimums. I'd love to be able to point you in a more helpful direction but alas, I not allowed to name names.

winking man;)

ricktas
23-11-2010, 11:23am
Amen! I have emailed a few Aussie album manufacturers (whom I cannot name) with requests to add more diversity to their product offerings. Many are doing so and some are willing to develop customized products if you are able to order realistic minimums. I'd love to be able to point you in a more helpful direction but alas, I not allowed to name names.

winking man;)

And I suggest you read Site Rule 24. The rules exist for a reason and posting comments like the above, in response to a rule breach advice, isn't on!

farquar
23-11-2010, 1:38pm
Ricky, I was merely explaining the reason behind not being able to give more accurate information. It was certainly not my intention to upset you as it seems I have. For that I am sorry. Perhaps I should hold off posting helpful information until I can find the time to accurately digest all of the forum rules.

Back on topic if that's ok - I'd love to find out how the OP goes. Keep us posted Jan! Maybe you could take your idea to a local book binder. Sometimes they are really creative people who are great to work with - other times they are still operating like it is 1924 but you might get lucky. Always great to support another small business too.

Gee it's warm today:beer_mug:.

ricktas
23-11-2010, 1:53pm
Hi

You haven't upset me at all. The site rules apply to all members. I and the mods are here to, along with other things, uphold the site rules. Nothing more, nothing less. Do not feel you should hold off on posting helpful information. Helpful information doesn't have to breach the rules, and is otherwise encouraged. I am merely making you aware of the rules!

virgal_tracy
23-11-2010, 4:05pm
Have a look at Seldex (http://www.seldex.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=161&vmcchk=1) They have everything that you have asked about and are very good quality.

farquar
23-11-2010, 5:45pm
Have a look at Seldex (http://www.seldex.com.au/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=161&vmcchk=1) They have everything that you have asked about and are very good quality.

That's a great idea.
winkman ;)