PDA

View Full Version : freezed viewfinder LCD screen in D90

Patagonia
18-11-2010, 3:08pm
Hi all, it seems all Nikon technical related issues are posted on this forum, if not let know and I`ll change it...(I introduced myself here http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?71749-Un-Amigo-from-Chile)

I have a problem with the viewfinder of my D90, the LCD that shows the info in green letters got freezed a couple of weeks ago and there is no way I can make it alive again. I had tried reseting, removing the battery with he camera on or off and even I left it for the whole of last week without the battery but no luck. I turn it on and the only thing I see are the same ancient egyptian hieroglyphics stuck there...I even tried updating the firmware but there isn´t any available.

Before sending it for service I post it here in case some has experienced something similar and has a hint on a solution.

Thanks and regards
Patagonia

ricktas
18-11-2010, 3:34pm
sounds dead..service centre is your best option

Patagonia
17-12-2010, 11:52pm
sounds dead..service centre is your best option

Thanks
Took it yesterday to the service and they did not comment anything or even take look at it, they just told me to leave it there and they would call back. US$240 for checking the camera pus any replacement parts needed. :eek:
I need it for the weekend so I took it back home but it will eventually need to go back :(