PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom - Re-generate Image Previews

finn
18-11-2010, 9:00am
I have imported thousands of images using the Standard preview rendering.

What this means is that when I zoom into an image to view it full size, it takes a while to process and then display the image.

What I should have done is import them as 1:1 preview rendering. This will let you zoom in immediately without any processing.

How can I re-generate the image previews as 1:1 ?

(I do not wish to re-import them as I have numerous meta-dat attached to them)

etherial
18-11-2010, 9:21am
Select the files you want 1:1 previews on and go to Library menu, Previews, Render 1:1. Be aware though that this will make your catalogue HUGE and could/will impact performance. There is also a setting in the catalogue settings that allows you to select when to discard 1:1 previews - either 1 day, 1 week, 1 month or never. It is set to 1 week by default I believe. There is no point having 1:1 previews for files you aren't looking at often.

infl3xion
18-11-2010, 10:41am
Won't making the catalogue hold 1:1 previews make it the same size as all the photos? :P

maccaroneski
18-11-2010, 12:29pm
It depends on what quality setting you have selected in Lightroom.

There's minimal (from the jpeg embedded in the raw file), minimal & sidecar, standard, and 1:1.

Ultimately though they are JPEGs, and if you are shooting raw, are going to be significantly smaller than the raw file itself, although I'm not sure about actual sizing, or size compared to where your original shot is a jpeg and not raw.