PDA

View Full Version : first time using bulb option

mudman
11-11-2010, 10:15pm
while outthis evening i thought that since it was dark try the bulb exposure option.
is is the result.
exposure was 19 seconds at f29, i wanted toget the star effect in the lights.
cheers

rwg717
11-11-2010, 10:34pm
I like the attempt, not bad. I might have been tempted to use a "sharper" ISO because this frame looks a little gritty to me. I can't see any traffic movement on Commonwealth Ave. Bridge so think you would be safe to use a much longer exposure which could well have had the effect of producing more pronounced "star" effect on your lights and might even have pulled-in some heavenly stars? Unfortunately you can't get a shot at Venus from that angle but you might have got "lucky" with a couple of stars over the back of Red Hill, what do you think?:confused013
Richard

OzzieTraveller
11-11-2010, 11:46pm
G'day Steve

Hey mate - 19 secs on bulb?? yacooda dun that on Tv !!
Seriously tho - as far as star-burst goes, have you experimented with the inbuilt digital filter called 'star-filter' [pp227-228 of the manual]

ps- see you in 1st week of December when I get back to A.C.T
Regards, Phil

mudman
12-11-2010, 7:10am
thanks for the interest Richard. will have to go later at night and see what i can get. city light glare will probably affect stars showing but will have to try and find out.
cheers

mudman
12-11-2010, 7:13am
thanks Phil. still waiting for those coffees at thirty places.
see you in a few weeks.
cheers

rwg717
12-11-2010, 10:05pm
thanks for the interest Richard. will have to go later at night and see what i can get. city light glare will probably affect stars showing but will have to try and find out.
cheers

Yes, you're probably right, I suppose Kingston and Manuka would be throwing up enough light to prevent real stars from capture:confused013
Richard