PDA

View Full Version : D700 battery grip feed back please

Mr Lensbaby
06-11-2010, 10:11pm
Looking for a D700 battery grip and came across this one has any member seen or purchased this particular one as it looks too good for the price.

Must be getting cynical in old age :rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LCD-Battery-Grip-Nikon-D300-D700-2-EN-EL3E-IR-B6T-/260585257946?pt=Batteries_Chargers&hash=item3cac177bda

kiwi
06-11-2010, 10:16pm
not seen that one. buy try the zeikos brand straight from usa

Wayne
06-11-2010, 10:56pm
With the AUD$ what it is, just get the MB-D10 factory grip from the USA, can be had used but mint on Ebay for $200 with both battery trays boxed etc..

PJI254
23-11-2010, 4:21pm
I have found, that using xe currency converter, you can buy quite a bit of kit overseas and with postage it can still be alot cheaper that oz.
I would not go as far as camera bodies but accessories, filters and the like are cheaper os as they have a defined competative retail market unlike here.

GoldenOrb
24-11-2010, 12:27am
aint seen that one before. Got the grip on my D300... I think its the same for the D700.... couldnt live without it now!!

Redgum
24-11-2010, 2:01am
The MB-D10 is far better than any of the after markets. Go genuine, better finish and if I remember rightly a few more features. One big drawback on the after markets is the actual fit to the body. Not quite as secure.

I @ M
24-11-2010, 6:32am
The MB-D10 is far better than any of the after markets. Go genuine, better finish and if I remember rightly a few more features. One big drawback on the after markets is the actual fit to the body. Not quite as secure.

I think that you might have been looking at the wrong brands when it came to after market grips or have you only seen one that you didn't like?

In what way is it far better?

I am hard pressed to tell the difference between a genuine grip and an after market one ( Zeikos ) when fitted to the camera and being used. Controls feel the same and the genuswine item doesn't have any more "features" or fit to the camera any more securely or neatly.

The one time when you can feel the difference is when you have a grip in each hand, the Nikon one is clearly heavier due to the metal in the body but I didn't buy a grip with the intention of abusing to the point where the metal will save the day.

I did however buy it for the specific purpose of giving me a comfortable hold on the camera when using it vertically orientated.

The other thing is that it cost 1/3 of the price of a genuswine grip bought from a well known grey importer.

Norman
24-11-2010, 7:23am
For that price it's worth considering

And the bits n bobs you get with it really are a big bonus

Go for it

Cheers

maccaroneski
24-11-2010, 9:11am
Further to Andrew's post, I have a genuine grip for my D90 and a Zeikos for my D700, and I must say that I only have had issues with contacts on the genuine D90 grip requiring me to do a bit of DIY modification. Functionality of the Zeikos has been flawless. Not necessarily a fair comparison, however in relation to the D700 and Zeikos grip, I can't see how the grip could match the finish of the camera in any better manner.

Redgum
24-11-2010, 9:16am
Yep! I paid $207 for the genuine article after buying two on eBay, one from the US and one from HK for much less. It can be the luck of the draw. The HK unit was really bad fitting and the US model the second trigger didn't work. Notice your chosen model has an LCD screen which changes the electronics.