PDA

View Full Version : Really Right Stuff

flashpixx
05-11-2010, 12:44pm
Looking to get a RRS monopod head with the Oz peso going so well ATM. Is there an importer in OZ? Getting the darn thing over from the US seems overly costly for a single item.

I @ M
05-11-2010, 1:26pm
There isn't an Aus distributor as far as I can determine Gordon, bite the bullet and pay the freight. :(

I have seen a few pieces of their gear and in particular their ball heads are beautifully made and worth the money (especially ATM) and maybe a quick email to the manufacturers asking about a reduced freight cost to Aus might get a sympathetic response.

flashpixx
05-11-2010, 1:45pm
Thanks Andrew

I have PM'd Rick to get approval for a Group Buy. If that goes ahead, and there is interest, might be able to persuade RRS to review the freight. :D

Wayne
05-11-2010, 2:09pm
I believe Andrew is right, no local distributor, but even if there were, they would probably gouge more than the freight from the USA anyway. I have a bit of their gear, well made and functional.

kiwi
05-11-2010, 2:12pm
...i might be interested in a group buy.. that way you can share the freight

ricktas
05-11-2010, 3:37pm
Group buys threads are not possible at this time. Any classified thread on AP will be removed. I may loosen these restrictions in future

kiwi
05-11-2010, 4:15pm
what about if we just list our nicks and what we might want to buy and it's arranged in PM ?

ricktas
05-11-2010, 4:39pm
what about if we just list our nicks and what we might want to buy and it's arranged in PM ?

If you are happy to pay my legal costs when someone decides they want to try and sue me when they miss out etc, go ahead. Sorry if I sound jaded over this, but past experiences, including being called a racist on another site (which I had to get pay my lawyer to instigate action to get it removed) due to not letting someone bypass the previous classifieds rules, has meant at this time, I am not willing to have classifieds of any sort, on AP.

flashpixx
05-11-2010, 4:40pm
Group buys threads are not possible at this time. Any classified thread on AP will be removed. I may loosen these restrictions in future

Thanks Rick, and thanks for the PM explaining your position.

flashpixx
05-11-2010, 4:41pm

Lets keep it off the site all together, just PM me :)