PDA

View Full Version : how much should i sell my D60 + kit lens for?

KarenDay
01-11-2010, 11:14pm
its in perfect condition. never dropped it or anything. the lens hasnt been used much at all. i bought then both about 18 months ago.

how much do u reckon i would get for them secondhand? im wanting to upgrade. im trying to find online other ppl selling the same thing so i can get an approximate figure but cant find anything on ebay.

arthurking83
01-11-2010, 11:37pm
I think older tech gear basically sells for roughly half of what newer tech releases sell for on the grey market.

realistically (at current prices of $500 for a D3000+18-55VR or $644 for a D5000+18-55VR) something like $250-300 is about right. People seem to be holding onto them for longer than I thought they would too. I was under the impression that this level of camera is more prone to the compulsive/impulsive swinging upgrader.
Maybe they're more like me that doesn't seem to think that losing that particular piece of hardware for next to nothing is worth it(that why i refused to sell my D70s).. it's still a camera and you can never have too many cameras!
I've loaned it to friends, used it on the odd occasion for comparative purposes.. etc, etc. It's now firmly in the clasp of my sons 10year old vice like grip. he loves it. Of course he also wishes that it could do video and play MP3's and so forth, but watching him lying on the floor shooting his favourite toys and not getting frustrated that he missed the shot(no shutter lag :th3:). My daughter gets more frustrated with the camera side of her P&S.. but it plays great music! :D

if you only got ~$300 for it.. is it worth it?

ebay is not always a great indicator of price for all things. there are way too many unscrupulous types that bid on their own items to boost the real price. The problem is that there are too many suckers that want to get into bidding wars and overinflate the price of stuff. I haven't won anything on ebay for ages due to my insistence that most items are way over priced due to ignorant over excitable compulsive auction addicts :D
if you do list it there.. hope you get one bidding too! :th3:

ricktas
02-11-2010, 6:23am
Try E-Bay and www.cameramarket.com.au for an idea of what they are selling for.

Please note that selling via ausphotography is not allowed, which includes the PM system. So if this thread progresses to an attempt to sell/buy it will mean the members involved are in breach of the site rules.

KarenDay
02-11-2010, 7:53am
yep ricktas thats fine - i was wanting to sell it locally anyways cos its less trouble on my part ... i wouldnt have to go to the PO ha :) i hate going there with all my kids.

thanks arthurking.

wechap
02-11-2010, 9:26am
I sold mine on ebay recently with Twin VR Kit Lenses, I ended up getting $580, similar auctions at the time were getting around the same price.

KarenDay
02-11-2010, 11:44am
wow thats more than i thought they would get. interesting.

Eberbachl
02-11-2010, 11:58am
Wow - $580 is a great price.

That's the thing with selling second hand... I was shocked to recently get almost $800 for my old D80 body... body only that is, no lenses... the upgrade to a D90 only cost me about a hundred bucks. Go figure.

I would have thought with the D3000, D3100 and D5000 being so accessible at a good price that you wouldn't get much more than $300+/- for a D60, and I agree with arthurking's sentiment - I wouldn't think it's worth letting go at that price.

...but - you never know - if you end up getting $500+ I'd go for it.

:)