PDA

View Full Version : New 60D impressed with clarit

kaety
30-10-2010, 8:33am
Hi All,

I have just upgraded from the very fine Canon 10D, which although old was serving me well until it hit the ground with an aftermarket 300mm lens attached.
It was announced DOA and they kindly replaced it with a 60D.

I am not just happy with my new camera but astounded and I am still within my first 4 days and under 100 shots.

It has amazing depth of field, great focus points, good macro and distance abilities.

I can not compare it to a the 7D as I havent had the priveledge to use one however the video is great for small snippets, kids shots etc, and the multi/sports mode is fast!

I am sure other people will have less positive things to say, but if you are coming up from a 300/400/450D or an older 10D etc this is a world away!

I look forward to proving its worth over the following weeks as I learn to use its new powers so much better.

Oh and the replacement for the Solignor 300mm was a Sigma 120-400mm so you can expect Stingray's and my bird, dolphin and eagle shots to improve dramatically.

Just my intermediate enthusiasts view.

Kaety

Analog6
30-10-2010, 8:49am
Look forward to seeing some shots from it, Kaety

ZedEx
31-10-2010, 8:30pm
a little puzzpled by the 'amazing depth of field' statement. Depth of field will be exactly the same as your old 10D body, the sensor are exactly the same size. Unless you have a different lens? No doubt the 60D is a great enthusiasts camera, but it's sad they killed off the xxD line with more of an entry level dSLR. Though I guess the 7D took over the mantle from the 50D.

ricktas
31-10-2010, 8:36pm
a little puzzpled by the 'amazing depth of field' statement. Depth of field will be exactly the same as your old 10D body, the sensor are exactly the same size. Unless you have a different lens? No doubt the 60D is a great enthusiasts camera, but it's sad they killed off the xxD line with more of an entry level dSLR. Though I guess the 7D took over the mantle from the 50D.

Agree! Whilst the gear can be important, the photographer is the main tool that determines how good the results are. I too am looking forward to seeing some of your photos soon.

kaety
01-11-2010, 11:00am
Thank you, I have got a new lens now the Sigma 120-400 but I think the sensor was damaged and dirty in my 10D so I am finding even with my old lenses I am achieving better quality shots.

I am still a re-learner. I think I was more referring to focal settings I am still learning how to use!

Thanks for the feedback!

Kaety

Rosh
01-11-2010, 7:21pm
Hey there just upgraded from my 400d to 60d. It suits my photography, and my knees and rest of my body feels better thanks to the swivel screen. I am very happy with it. Cant wait to take it out for a shoot.

Bercy
02-11-2010, 2:50pm
It feels like I only just got my 40D and now its obviously a museum piece. Congratulations on the the acquisition and I gather you have a very good insurance company replacing new for old!!