PDA

View Full Version : Nikon D7000 is now available at DigitalRev

DigitalRev
29-10-2010, 5:46pm
Hi Guys! The Nikon D7000 is now available at DigitalRev website. The body starts at only AU$1,694.99 + Shipping with many lens kit available.

We could be the first to have it in Stock! Don't miss your chance to be the first one owning the camera!

Shop for Nikon D7000! (http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-4095091-10823989?url=http://www.digitalrev.com/en/nikon-d7000-591-category.html)

Wayne
29-10-2010, 11:58pm
I will wait to see Kai's review :)

reaction
01-11-2010, 2:33pm
wow, it's here at last!
no need for review, we've seen the previews

old dog
01-11-2010, 2:45pm
waiting...waiting......I think I want one.....:D

maccaroneski
01-11-2010, 2:46pm
So available for order rather than available for purchase then?

AmPhot
01-11-2010, 4:13pm
The site says they're "in stock now" so to me that says if you place an order it will be sent to you straight away, as opposed to placing a pre-order and waiting for the item to be in stock.

DigitalRev
01-11-2010, 4:30pm
The site says they're "in stock now" so to me that says if you place an order it will be sent to you straight away, as opposed to placing a pre-order and waiting for the item to be in stock.

Yes, it's in Stock and it will be shipped within 24 hours. :)

DigitalRev
01-11-2010, 4:32pm
I will wait to see Kai's review :)

Here is the latest review by Kai - Nikon D7000 HANDS-ON REVIEW (http://www.digitalrev.com/en/nikon-d7000-hands-on-review-7048-article)

maccaroneski
01-11-2010, 6:31pm
Ah cool thanks. It was just they way that you said "we could be the first to have it in stock...." suggested that it was yet to happen.

DigitalRev
01-11-2010, 6:42pm
Ah cool thanks. It was just they way that you said "we could be the first to have it in stock...." suggested that it was yet to happen.

yeah..just not sure if other places have it in stock as well in the AU, so added "could be". :)

It's selling quite fast, so I guess we are REALLY, probably the first one.....Order it before all gone! :D

AmPhot
02-11-2010, 6:00pm
Yes, it's in Stock and it will be shipped within 24 hours. :)

25 hours and no update to my order status..........but you can understand my slight impatience. ;) Roll on Friday fingers crossed !

Serp105
02-11-2010, 6:04pm
these look pretty good

DigitalRev
03-11-2010, 2:04pm
25 hours and no update to my order status..........but you can understand my slight impatience. ;) Roll on Friday fingers crossed !

Please PM me your order # and I can find out for you. ;)

AmPhot
03-11-2010, 2:10pm
Please PM me your order # and I can find out for you. ;)

No need, got confirmation through about 2 hours after I posted my whinge. ;) Currently at the DHL terminal in Bangkok, hopefully will get here tomorrow or Friday. :th3:

Eberbachl
03-11-2010, 2:34pm
Wheee!!!

I just placed my order for a D7000 at DigitalRev!

:D

I'm still shaking after pressing the submit button.

:)

...now the wait begins.

:lol:

David Hobbs
03-11-2010, 5:26pm
I am afraid that I will never understand how international exchange rates function. For a week or two, over on DPReview, Americans have been talking about how THEY have been purchasing THEIR D7000s for $US1195. The Australian dollar has been verging on parity with the US dollar for a month or more - and has actually HIT parity more than once now ... and yet the best Australian retail price is pretty much 50% more than the American one.

I am confident that DigitalRev's mark up is pretty slim at best. What gives? Why do Australian purchasers pay so much more? I know about market economies of scale and such but REALLY!! If someone knows I'd like to know as well.

David

mongo
03-11-2010, 5:36pm
Mongo thinks everyone is getting a little too excited about this camera. Admittedly, even Mongo had reasonable hopes for this one if he was not going to go to a full sensor camera. However, there are stacks of tests and comparisons between this and the D700 and the D300s that should be looked at before necessarily rushing to conclusions and purchase of this camera.

AmPhot
03-11-2010, 5:52pm
You're right Mongo there are a lot of comparisons and tests now available for reading on the web. I've decided that full frame is some way off for me (3 - 4+ years) and the 300S is a bit too far out of my price range, so my decision was quite easy to make. ;) I've seen a lot of 7000 shots on Flickr taken at the high ISO ranges which is what cemented my decision.

Eberbachl
03-11-2010, 6:19pm
I think this camera will compare very favourably to a D300s.

Perhaps not the same league as Nikon's FX cameras, but I think I'll wait a while (at least for the D700 replacement) before diving into FX territory.

I think FX is where I'll eventually end up, but I'm sure I'll have a blast in the meantime.

David Hobbs
03-11-2010, 7:49pm
I am concerned that lots of people are intent on moving into FX (full frame). I am not sure that doing so will be worth the effort. If you (like myself) have a number of high quality DX lenses, you will have to replace them with higher quality, more expensive FX lenses. Looking at the surprising low light performance of the D7000, FX bodies may not continue to enjoy their hitherto huge high ISO advantage and given their generally higher price I am not quite sure what the advantage of FX bodies actually might be in future. I have heard it suggested that the new D400 may offer up to 20 megapixels of resolution anyway, if THAT is what you need.

My brother has a Canon 5D MkII. When I picked it up and used it, my first impression was about the wonderfully bright viewfinder. My second impression was the veritable explosion in my hand as I pressed the shutter while the oversized mirror swung across the additional distance and the oversized shutter curtain crashed about completing the exposure. I am certain that the resultant vibration from all of that noise and bother takes a stop away from full frame's inherent advantage. Personally I am sticking with a cropped sensor .. for what that may be worth.

David

Wayne
03-11-2010, 7:57pm
* edited, inappropriate comment *

AmPhot
04-11-2010, 3:31pm
Gotta do something while I'm waiting for the battery to charge........:p
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/crouchy/AP%20Posts%20-%20Various/101104D7000.jpg

Eberbachl
04-11-2010, 3:38pm
Nice!

:lol:

Now you're just teasing!

Mine's scheduled for delivery Saturday.

Eberbachl
04-11-2010, 4:07pm
Gah!

Now there's a problem with my DigitalRev order!

Because I'm working in China ATM and want it shipped here (the shipping address) instead of home in Australia (my billing address), they want me to provide them with my credit card statement and utility bills to prove my identity before they'll ship.

Of course I don't have them with me... :rolleyes:

I've emailed them to see what we can do to sort it out. Hopefully it won't be too difficult, or I might have to wait until I get back home before I can order it, missing out on all the great shooting opportunities here!

:(

... I eagerly await their reply.

I mean really... if I was trying to rip them off, I'd be going for more than a simple D7000 body only. A D3x with an AF-S 600mm f/4 sounds more like it! :lol:

KarenDay
04-11-2010, 4:23pm
i was gonna get the D3100 for christmas ........ hubby just informed me im getting the D7000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAGHGHkgnklasngfksjfklsjgflajgjgklw

He wanted me to know before he ordered it in case it wasnt what i wanted. silly boy! of course it is :)

ordering it this weekend from dig rev.

*happy dance*

PS. I also get to pick out any lens i want to add to my order

PPS. I really love my husband

I @ M
04-11-2010, 4:31pm
PS. I also get to pick out any lens i want to add to my order

PPS. I really love my husband

Karen, your husband is an incredibly intelligent man. :)

Eberbachl
04-11-2010, 4:41pm
ANY Lens?

Wow!

That's one heck of a husband!!!

Eberbachl
04-11-2010, 5:40pm
Gah!

Now there's a problem with my DigitalRev order!

Because I'm working in China ATM and want it shipped here (the shipping address) instead of home in Australia (my billing address), they want me to provide them with my credit card statement and utility bills to prove my identity before they'll ship.

Of course I don't have them with me... :rolleyes:

I've emailed them to see what we can do to sort it out. Hopefully it won't be too difficult, or I might have to wait until I get back home before I can order it, missing out on all the great shooting opportunities here!

... I eagerly await their reply.

I mean really... if I was trying to rip them off, I'd be going for more than a simple D7000 body only. A D3x with an AF-S 600mm f/4 sounds more like it! :lol:

This is VERY disappointing!

I've tried calling them (internationally from my mobile), and all I get is put on hold and nobody answers the bloody phone.

I've sent a bunch of emails, and replied to their request for further information, and all I get is brainless automated replies from their ticketing system and no responses from a real customer service advisor.

Very disapointing indeed.

If they don't pull their finger out I'll just have to cancel the order and pick one up retail in Shanghai next week if I can find one, or wait 'till I get home and buy one locally.

AmPhot
04-11-2010, 5:45pm
@eber - have you tried sending them a PM here on the forum ? I've received nothing but prompt responses both via PM and email from the DR guys, maybe the authentication of your ID is making things drag out a bit longer ?

Eberbachl
04-11-2010, 5:57pm
Do you really think a PM from a third party forum should be a more efficient way of communicating with them than a direct phone call, an attempt to use their own chat facility, an email or a response to their own ticketing system?

I know the authentication of my ID is the problem holding up the order. That's not the frustrating part in itself (although I did check with them before placing the order and I was assured it would be no problem to deliver it to me in China although I normally reside in Australia).

The real issue is that they're making it difficult to solve it. Time is not on my side as I'm leaving this city and travelling to Shanghai at the end of next week. I was assured (before placing the order) that it would be no problem, that they would process the order immediately, deliver within 24 hours and that the delivery would take 2-5 days.

Eberbachl
04-11-2010, 6:03pm
To add to the frustration, I just received yet another email from them (from a different person) identical to the first one. Now they seem to have raised two separate parallel document requests with me (despite them having the same ticketing ID number), and have not read any of the explanations, emails or requests for assistance that I've sent them.

It seems that the head doesn't know what the arse is doing.

I @ M
04-11-2010, 6:37pm
To add to the frustration,

Mate, I am beginning to think that you are adding to your own frustration a little with this one.

Digital Rev have posted before for people that are having any sort of problem to send a direct PM and that will alert someone in the chain of command to the problem. You have received the same good advice in this thread and still you are getting frustrated by taking more time to tell us about your frustration than it would have taken to write a simple PM ---------

KarenDay
04-11-2010, 6:39pm
ANY Lens?

Wow!

That's one heck of a husband!!!

yeah but i just sold an investment property (im a stay at home mum, but my financial contribution to the household income is investing husband's money how i see fit) .... so i just made us some nice christmas money :)

plus he knows all i want next is a nice 50mm .... so it wont be too much. i already have a 70-200mm f2.8, so im just after something for protraits that isnt just a kit lens. its been awhile since i bought something nice for myself, so i deserve it :)

Eberbachl
04-11-2010, 6:41pm
Wow.

Just Wow!

I'm stunned.

Without so much as a single attempt to answer my queries about the types of documentation I could provide them for authentication they've just sent me an email simply saying I should cancel the order and re-order it, paying by direct bank deposit instead so they don't need any authentication documentation.

Paying by bank transfer doesn't suit me in this instance.

I'm really dissapointed that despite saying it would be fine before I ordered (and I clearly explained I'm an Australian and wanted it shipped to China), they won't even try to work with me to resolve this issue.

:rolleyes:

Very disappointing.

I guess I'll try and pick one up retail in Shanghai next week or grab one locally when I get home.

Sar NOP
Mongo thinks everyone is getting a little too excited about this camera. Admittedly, even Mongo had reasonable hopes for this one if he was not going to go to a full sensor camera. However, there are stacks of tests and comparisons between this and the D700 and the D300s that should be looked at before necessarily rushing to conclusions and purchase of this camera.

Mongo, I've just bought a D2X instead of this D7000 for my 100 ISO needs. :D

I @ M
.... so i just made us some nice christmas money :)

plus he knows all i want next is a nice 50mm .... so it wont be too much.

Whoah up there, what you really meant was that you wanted an 85mm F/1.4 wasn't it? :D

Eberbachl
04-11-2010, 6:44pm
Mate, I am beginning to think that you are adding to your own frustration a little with this one.

Digital Rev have posted before for people that are having any sort of problem to send a direct PM and that will alert someone in the chain of command to the problem. You have received the same good advice in this thread and still you are getting frustrated by taking more time to tell us about your frustration than it would have taken to write a simple PM ---------

My point was simply that I tried many methods of communication and that they were not even wiling to help try and find a resolution to this.

Why would a PM be any different to an attempt at a phone call, their online chat, an email or their incident tracking system?

;)

Eberbachl
04-11-2010, 6:44pm
yeah but i just sold an investment property (im a stay at home mum, but my financial contribution to the household income is investing husband's money how i see fit) .... so i just made us some nice christmas money :)

plus he knows all i want next is a nice 50mm .... so it wont be too much. i already have a 70-200mm f2.8, so im just after something for protraits that isnt just a kit lens. its been awhile since i bought something nice for myself, so i deserve it :)

Excellent - Enjoy!

I @ M
04-11-2010, 6:49pm
Eberbachl, yes you tried a few different forms of communication but why were you so reluctant to try one more when it was suggested but you were more than happy to vent your spleen publicly about your problem.
I reckon a far more rational approach would be to totally exhaust all means of communication before hitting the keyboard whilst in a bad mood.

Eberbachl
04-11-2010, 6:56pm
For what it's worth I've taken your advice and sent a PM.

We'll see if it helps - if it does that's great, but the level of apathy and incompetence so far is disappointing regardless. I haven't been abusive - I've just told it how it is. Quite transparently.

Why should one refrain from reporting how something is progressing? I don't think it's reasonable to have to settle for poor service anywhere.

If they at least tried to work with me to identify a fix I would have been understanding and quite happy, but I don't think anyone even read my messages before responding.

;)

ricktas
04-11-2010, 7:02pm
Glad you have taken the initiative suggested ages ago in this thread to resolve your concerns about your order.

DigitalRev
04-11-2010, 8:46pm
For what it's worth I've taken your advice and sent a PM.

We'll see if it helps - if it does that's great, but the level of apathy and incompetence so far is disappointing regardless. I haven't been abusive - I've just told it how it is. Quite transparently.

Why should one refrain from reporting how something is progressing? I don't think it's reasonable to have to settle for poor service anywhere.

If they at least tried to work with me to identify a fix I would have been understanding and quite happy, but I don't think anyone even read my messages before responding.

;)

Thank you all! I have communicated with Eberbachl through PMs and now waiting for more information. Hope that I got a reply before leaving the office today. 30 minutes count down! :D

Eberbachl
04-11-2010, 9:15pm
The PM suggestion was a good one. Julia from DigitalRev has responded to my PM (as above), and is being very helpful with some suggestions about alternate authentication documentation. Thank you for that Julia. Whilst in this case a PM may help solve the problem as a last resort, I still maintain it should not be necessary (were I not a member here it would not even be an option). Perhaps Julia, you can run some communications classes for your colleagues?

Hopefully we will be able to find a resolution in time to have it shipped here before I leave for Shanghai.

deef
04-11-2010, 9:21pm
Ordered myself a D7000 this afternoon. :o

Had been considering a D300S for a while but seeing the prices are much the same I ummed and aahed over the pros and cons for sometime and decided to go with the newer body.

Looks like there will be a few of them on the forum very soon.

Good going AmPhot. Waiting for the battery to charge is a pain. Why can't they sell them with a fully charged battery? :D

Eberbachl
05-11-2010, 3:26pm
Julia has done a great job.

I've emailed some identification documentation identified as appropriate by Julia, it's been authorised, the payment processed, and the D7000 should be shipped this afternoon.

Fingers crossed now for a smooth shipping experience.

Thanks Julia.

DigitalRev
05-11-2010, 4:39pm
Not a problem! Please do feel free to PM me if you guys have any questions. :)

mongo
05-11-2010, 4:54pm
Mongo, I've just bought a D2X instead of this D7000 for my 100 ISO needs. :D

Well done Sar. Mongo knows you have been hunting one down for some time. It isn't your uncle's is it ??
Mongo gave up looking a few months ago when he could not find a good one for a reasonable price which was not approaching the cost of a new modern camera! . So, now Mongo is looking for something more modern – waiting to see what the D700 upgrade is like.
We would all like to see what you can now do with more than double the pixels you have been used to in the past. So post some goodies for us as soon as you can.

GinjaNinja52
05-11-2010, 8:56pm
Hey Guys,

Sounds like lots of excited people eager to get the camera in their hands... but does anyone actually have one yet?

Im looking to buy one of these cameras but just want to know if its all its cracked up to be? Looking forward to hearing from anyone who gets theres in...

Cheers

DigitalRev
05-11-2010, 9:03pm
Hey Guys,

Sounds like lots of excited people eager to get the camera in their hands... but does anyone actually have one yet?

Im looking to buy one of these cameras but just want to know if its all its cracked up to be? Looking forward to hearing from anyone who gets theres in...

Cheers

I think AmPhot already received his from us. :) You can review his posts on the 1st page.

AmPhot
05-11-2010, 9:04pm
I've already answered you in the other thread GN ;)

Eberbachl
10-11-2010, 12:48pm
Thank you to Julia at DigitalRev once again for her intervention - my D7000 has now arrived! :)

Wheeee!!!

;)

I've sent her a little feedback about packaging items for shipping... the D7000 was just sent in it's own box with NO additional padding, packaging or protection around it, and when it arrived the box was in TERRIBLE condition with tape, tears, stickers, and dents all over it.

When I saw it bouncing around in the courier's basket as he rode down the little bumpy and dusty street where I'm working here in China my heart nearly broke.

Thankfully, the camera inside survived and does seem to be working OK, but a little extra care in shipping would go a long way. I've bought lots of other gear over the Internet before and this is the first time I've seen such awful (nonexistent) packaging - especially for a $2000 order.

It's not only the safety of the camera itself whilst in transit... I don't know about others, but I like to keep the boxes for my gear in pristine condition as it really helps with resale when I upgrade in a year or two. This box is now useless.

Anyway - thanks DigitalRev for getting there in the end, but Julia, please give the customer service team some communications lessons, and ask the guys in the shipping department to take a little more care in packaging.

;)

AmPhot
10-11-2010, 3:33pm
Glad it arrived Eberbachi. Sorry to hear about the box, mine arrived inside 2 layers of bubble wrap. At the end of the day, as long as the camera is in perfect working order you've had a win. Very contrasting experiences we've had but in my lengthy experience in buying stuff online it can be a mixed bag when dealing with overseas companies. Some are good, some aren't. Maybe the people at DR are a bit swamped with so many orders for the D7K they're a bit rushed. I'm sure Julia can explain if she has time.

And I never worry about getting the original box when buying second hand gear, I'm more concerned about the actual condition of the lens/camera etc but that's just me. ;)

DigitalRev
02-12-2010, 7:51pm
Hey Guys, the Nikon MB-D11 Battery Grip for D7000 (http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-4095091-10823989?url=http://www.digitalrev.com/en/nikon-mb-d11-battery-grip-for-d7000-10594.html?search_string=MB-D11&category_id=0) is available at AUD $330!