PDA

View Full Version : underwater housing rentals

Plumeria
24-10-2010, 4:54pm
Hi there!

Does anybody know, if there's a possibility to rent an underwater housing for a Canon 7D in WA? I'm going to visit the Ningaloo Reef in January with my parents. My dad loves to dive and take pictures and I thought it would be a nice christmas present.

Thanks for your help!
Carrie

Karl
24-10-2010, 7:49pm
There is no one in WA who rents out underwater housings - a couple of the local dives shops (I think Perth Scuba in Canningvale is one) can rent out 'cheap' compacts you can take diving. Otherwise you could try contacting someone like Peter Mooney at Scubapix (just Google him) as he might be able to put you in contact with someone over east that may be able to assit you and send over a housing - but don't forget you will also need strobes and all the other bits and pieces.

Karl

Plumeria
28-10-2010, 3:55pm
Hi Karl
Thank you for replying. It's a pity that no one on the west coast does offer services of such needs. That would have been the easiest way to work it out... However, since I'll be in Sydney before leaving to Perth, I might have the chance to get a housing from a supplier in Sydney. Do you know a source in Sydney which could support us as I found out that Scubapix is a Cairns based company.

Greets Carrie