PDA

View Full Version : Pec Pads for sensor wet clean

Bear Dale
14-10-2010, 9:10am
The time has finally arrived that my Canon 5DMKII sensor needs a clean.

Does anyone use Pec Pads?

I know for those who have or regularly clean their sensors it might seem like a trivial thing, but for the uninitiated it seems like a black art.

Regardless of the amount of searching and reading I have done.....I'm no closer to ordering what I need to do the job. I'm leaning towards pec pads.

Any other suggestions or knowledge you can impart?

arthurking83
14-10-2010, 9:20am
What do you currently have Jim?

if you have nothing at all, then order the complete copperhill kit from a supplier like Quality Camera Sales(an AP advertiser), that's where I got my kit from.

you can order 'the kit' where it'll come with everything you need: sensor spatula, pec pads, bottle of Eclipse, and it'll even come with a set of sticky labels that you use to bind the pec pad to the spatula(but I just use regular sticky tape).

Yes. use pec pads, they work perfectly and also have a hundred other uses such as lens wipes, viewfinder de-dusters... screen de-dirtiers.
get an extra pack(or two) they can be handy to have.

gcflora
14-10-2010, 9:21am
Yep, that's what I use Jim (the copper hill kit I think it was called). I also use a sensor brush that I use before the wet clean with the sensor cleaning stick with the pec pads. Pretty sure I bought the kit from one of this site's sponsors

gcflora
14-10-2010, 9:22am
copperhill kit from a supplier like Quality Camera Sales(an AP advertiser)

Yep, that's who I was trying to think of :)

Bear Dale
14-10-2010, 9:24am
Thanks Arthur and Craig, just looking and reading up on Copper Hill method now.