PDA

View Full Version : Lowepro Inverse 200 AW

fisher
12-10-2010, 7:49pm
H I Everyone ,

I was wondering if anyone has or used the above belt/waist pack, if so there thoughts etc.

Cheers Fisher

tcdev
17-10-2010, 8:37pm
I have the Inverse 100 AW. Whilst I can't offer any comparisons to other bags (being the only one I've ever owned) I can tell you that I like it. I have a Nikon D90 and 18-200mm lens in there, plus a spare battery, wireless remote and a lens cloth. Still easily enough room for another lens or flash I'd reckon. I did try the 200 in the shop, and thought it was too big for what I needed. I also found it sagged a little more than the 100.

I tend to get sore shoulders quite easily with any type of shoulder bag, so the option to use the waist strap is a welcome addition. Having said that, I tend to use it only on longer hikes (say, 3+ hrs) and it gives good relief (although it can get a a bit sweaty around the waist). For shorter hikes, I stick with the shoulder strap.

When on my waist, I find it does tend to sag forward a little, unless the strap is (a little too) tight. But that could also be a result of my somewhat generous girth at this point in time. :(

One big plus is the water bottle holder on the side - that gets used constantly!

The "rip open" top works well; you can position the zippers to either 'enable' or 'disable' this option, which is cool.

I've yet to use the waterproof cover.

EDIT: on a recent overseas holiday, I stuck my wallet in the compartment farthest from the 'open end', which makes a pretty secure "bum bag" when worn around the waist. I defy any pickpocket to lift it from that position.

fisher
19-10-2010, 2:27pm
Hi tcdev, Thanks for replying. I ordered the 200 AW and it rocked up yesterday. Been busy sorting it out. I am impressed with it so far.

Cheers Fisher