PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had problems with the Yongnuo SC28a off camera flash cord?

abitfishy
10-10-2010, 1:58pm
Used this thing once, now can't seem to get the camera to detect the flash at all using it. That's the second cheapie Yongnuo thing to stuff up for me, first it was the flash/umbrella holder (ball has worn, won't stay tight). Not happy Jan!

Bercy
11-10-2010, 12:00am
I have stuck to brand gear in the main. I recently put in an order for some nameless wireless flash gear. I won't cry if it does not work because it was almost ludicrously inexpensive. Some inexpensive items can punch above their weight, and that's great, but I guess if you want greater assurity that an item will work you got to look at the genuine article. The other matter is to consider intended use. I am an amateur - so if something botches up I can walk away. A professional can't afford that luxury. So the more intent you are on excellence the less tempting the "me too" brands. A good carpenter never blames his tools; but then he/she probably does have crap tools to start with!!

abitfishy
12-10-2010, 11:16pm
Agreed, but a genuine was a bit out of my price range for the amount of use it will get. I can't even see how it could have stuffed up, its a pretty hefty, heavy duty looking cable.

Bercy
13-10-2010, 12:14am
I got a PT04 radio trigger and it works like a dream. I got three receivers so I have ressurected an old Sunpak from about 20 years ago. It fired up worked perfectly to boot! For about $38 dollars -it isn't all that pretty but it is robust enough and dead simple to use! Good luck - I'd go so far as suggesting a couple fo Orange drinking vouchers might get you the inexpensive gear you need (but don't hold me to ransom!)

Blueywa
04-05-2011, 2:05pm
Before I aquired a genuine SC-29 I used a Yongnuo SC-28.
I still carry it 'just in case' and must say whilst it doesn't do what the SC-29 does, mine does do what a genuine SC-28 does without any problem.