PDA

View Full Version : Photoshopping in Lightroom

Gremlin
03-10-2010, 1:17am
Ok so I get when you edit a raw file in lightroom it creates sidecar info and you can export the image altered and it leaves the original intact, what happens when you goto photoshop on an image thru lightroom, does it do the same thing?
IE Does it just alter the sidecar xml file or the original, Ive been thru my manual(yes for once I did!) and cannot find a definitive answer?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Grem

TOM
03-10-2010, 1:41am
Hey Grem

I fumble my way through LR, and know just enough to get me by. My following explanation could be wrong, but it is how I work, and it satisfies my needs.

When you "Edit in Photoshop", you are making adjustments to the image at the state you left it in in LR, then you will output in the format of your choice after you have finetuned in PS. This will have no affect whatever on the original raw file or the sidecar info in LR.

Gremlin
03-10-2010, 4:05am
thanks Tom

kiwi
03-10-2010, 8:59am
Toms quite right, what I usually do is then sync the folder so that the new file created in ps shows in lr

maccaroneski
03-10-2010, 11:49am
Kiwi if you open it into PS from LR (using the "edit in" function) and then just hit "save" in PS when you're done doesn't it just appear in your LR catalogue without having to sync the folders?

kiwi
03-10-2010, 2:34pm
i dont think so, will have to check now, I think you can choose to stack it as an option tho. It does automatically if you edit with LR adjustments