PDA

View Full Version : Adaptor and bars for backdrops - have light stands

abitfishy
29-09-2010, 4:22pm
Hey all,

I have 2x 2.6m light stands I am happy with and wish to use them as backdrop stands. Not long ago I remember finding adaptors and crossbars to adapt them to this purpose, pretty sure on EBay. However, now I can't find anything of the kind. Am I searching for the wrong thing maybe, searched for 'backdrop adaptor' etc to no avail. I don't want to have to buy a full kit again as I'll end up with too many light stands for my purpose (already have others that I intend using just as light stands).

Any suggestions on where I can find these adaptors and crossbars? I tried adapting PVC but it seemed to not be solid and flex too much.

I @ M
29-09-2010, 4:35pm
I haven't seen any adaptor bars but I have seen back drop supports using light stands in the past.

Instead of pvc tube, have you considered your local aluminium supply factory, we use 3m long 25mm tube and it supports muslin backdrops with no hint of sagging.

emma
29-09-2010, 6:03pm
Hi, have you tried image melbourne? they advertise on ebay as well - www.##############.com.au. I get a lot of my backdrop, and light stands from them. really quick too