PDA

View Full Version : want to have a go?

Mircula
29-09-2010, 1:09pm
Hi,

After the success of the other thread where people post processed an image, here another one for everybody to have a go at.

PS Lightroom Gimp or whatever you have :)

I shot this photo some time ago with timer and did not have much time so just set it to some settings and fired away.

There result is....bad....as you can see.

Nevertheless I would be really interested to see what can be done in pp.

1st one is the original, just cropped. 2nd one is one with pp in lightroom, but i am not happy with it at all. Some weird artifacts in the face and just does not look real.

Really looking forward to some pp gurus :)

Cheers!

PS.:
To the admins: Is it at all possible to upload a raw file or at least a bit bigger file for these purpose? so that people who are interested could download it and work with that? I am just thinking as so many people in the other thread liked it so much this might be worth implementing....

Dan Gamble
29-09-2010, 1:40pm
PS.:
To the admins: Is it at all possible to upload a raw file or at least a bit bigger file for these purpose? so that people who are interested could download it and work with that? I am just thinking as so many people in the other thread liked it so much this might be worth implementing....

I'm not an Admin but if you set up or have a flikr account, then you can post and image that will then link to your page where we could acquire higher quality image.

You just cut the supplied code from flikr for the image size you wish to show and paste it in your post.

The rest is done for you. :)

[EDIT] P.S. You will need a "pro" account to store full quality versions on flikr... It's about $25 for a year from memory.

Mircula
29-09-2010, 2:07pm
Hi dan,

thanks for the tip.

I uploaded a high res jpg here:

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/hennerbruch/Lulu#5522181660581312690

Unfortunately it does not allow me to upload dng or raw or tiff, so jpg is as good as it gets....

Cheers :)

Dan Gamble
29-09-2010, 3:23pm
Nice!

I'm new to Lightroom also but I'd love to have a go. :)

I'll post something if i think it's worthy. hehe!!

Mircula
06-10-2010, 9:47am
hey,

i guess it depends on the picture if people are interested in editing it or not...ah well...

peterking
07-10-2010, 1:46am
I got to admit the idea is good, it's just I'm not confident of my PP capabilities.

mithrandir
07-10-2010, 4:42pm
Count me in for a try.

mithrandir
07-10-2010, 5:28pm
There is a bit of banding (due to jpg versus RAW) file, but I came up with two approaches. Both began in lightroom, moved to DPHDR and finally tweaked in Corel PPX3.

One is the full image, the other is a crop. Personally, I prefer the crop but am posting both approaches.

Mircula
08-10-2010, 7:44am
hey,

that is a great improvement. Unfortunately i do not have the programs you have used, but it does the job very well!!!!

Thank you!

paradux
19-10-2010, 12:47am
I did most of my work through CS5's Photo Tools plug in then a final tweak in LR.