PDA

View Full Version : Got the Goods now got to Learn!!

BOZZO
25-09-2010, 5:09pm
G-Day all,

Just got my camera and lens and need to learn as much as i can in under 3 weeks before I go overseas. I was going to wait another month till i go to cambo/thailand and aunty got me a ticket to bosnia just this week (bday present).

So got me self a 550d, tamron 17-50vc, tamron 10-24 and tokina fisheye 10-17. Didn't get any long zoom lens more leaning towards landscape/architecture shots.

I've been reading as much as I can but don't think i've soaked enough in. So what are some good online reading materials for night photography and panos. Also what do I look for in taking a photo of say a bridge, building, landscape....hows the best way of capturing it (am i making any sense?)

If you need to know any other specifics from my side please ask.

Cheers guys, Arnie.

Mary Anne
25-09-2010, 5:44pm
Hi Arnie.. At the top of every Forum there is heaps of INFO and tips on How to.
Look them up on the Panorama and Night/Astro Forums

BOZZO
25-09-2010, 6:10pm
yeah I've checked them out and read a new other sites but just after something more indepth and haven't found it hoping someone here has some good sites.

I'm going out to brissy tonight with a mate (if all goes to plan) trying out some basic settings and working off that. If i do i'll put some pics up for Cc.

mynxt
25-09-2010, 7:14pm
There are some great threads on AP for both panoramas and night. I would print, write them down and keep them with you....well if you are anything like me and forget some things!!
Google search is good too.