PDA

View Full Version : Cameras

nah1981h
24-09-2010, 8:59pm
Hi all
Although I am saving hard it is hard with other expenses and was wondering if anyone knew what the fujifilm finepix s1600 digital camera was like for the interim as my other digital camera has packed it in. I know its not a digital slr and thats what I'm saving for but I need something to use until then.
Nicole

RaoulIsidro
24-09-2010, 9:04pm
Hi all
Although I am saving hard it is hard with other expenses and was wondering if anyone knew what the fujifilm finepix s1600 digital camera was like for the interim as my other digital camera has packed it in. I know its not a digital slr and thats what I'm saving for but I need something to use until then.
Nicole

You can look around on the net to see and review it:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1002/10020202fujis1600s1800s2500hd.asp

and shop around...
http://www.shopbot.com.au/pp-fujifilm-finepix-s1600-price-234804.html

ZedEx
24-09-2010, 9:06pm
It's not bad, I sell stacks of them through my shop. I sell the s1800 though as they are very close in price and you get a bit more zoom with the s1800. No patch on a dSLR though. It will be a good introduction to manual controls etc. I hope you're planning on learning all about photography - both technical and creatively, as there is NO point in getting an SLR unless you learn these things :)

Hi all
Nicole

OzzieTraveller
25-09-2010, 10:33am
G'day Nicole

I have a soft spot for the Fuji superzoom cameras - had an S5000 for 5yrs till the on-off switch stopped working after 90,000-odd exposures. Damn good lens, good range of manual & auto settings, good colour response from the sensor etc etc. I expect the current batch of 1600-1800-2000 series to be much the same

Regarding the current 'flavour' of super-lenses [be it fuji, canon, olympus, whomever] ... stretching from 12x - 18x - 24x - 30x sort of range, I personally think they have gone too far - lens performance is diminished over about 18x and severe camera shake becomes an major issue as well. To overcome the camera shake, many people 'up' the ISO to get higher & higher shutter speeds, and that introduces sensor-noise, giving 'funny patterns' across the image

So, save up & get your Fuji asap, work it like crazy, use the zoom lens to the full, work thru all its settings and you'll then know what sort of a dSLR system to move into - if at all. You may find that the superzoom style of camera does everything you want/need, and if that's the case, go for it :)

Regards, Phil

nah1981h
05-10-2010, 10:22pm
thanks for the help