PDA

View Full Version : Magazine reading suggestions

Vairn
21-09-2010, 9:55am
hey guys,
I am wondering which, or if any of the printed magazines are worth reading. (I prefer reading mags then on screens, easier for train etc).

Mod Note: Commercial link removed as per site rules

I have heard that DIGITAL SLR PHOTOGRAPHY, is good.
They also have Better Photography, (the quaterly one I think) as well.

so any suggestions are welcome :)

Thanks, Adam.

PS. Some book suggestions are welcome too hehe.

Lani
21-09-2010, 10:39am
If you are just starting out, any of the mags are quite good, especially the English ones, but they do just tend to rehash the basics after a while.
BetterPhotoshop Techniques is pretty good for PP stuff, Digital SLR is good too. Digital Camera Magazine, UK is not bad to start out with.

elyshiamadison
21-09-2010, 11:38am
I've been given subscription to Better photography and Australian photography.... unfortunately I can't comment on either because the subscriptions haven't issued as yet :( But hubby was told by photog's at his work that they are very helpful!

I picked up a copy of "Photoshop image editing" and am slowly working my way through the areas that intrest me.... comes with a CD with practise images and video tuts for photoshop. At $24.95 I was a bit iffy, but very glad I picked a copy up! As I am self taught in photoshop, I generally look up what I want to achieve in an image and learn from there (this disc has shown me editing options I wasn't aware of trying)

ricktas
21-09-2010, 12:17pm
if you do a search on AP for 'photography magazines' this has been discussed several times previously and there is a lot of existing information on the site in that regard. Re Books, we have a book review thread here (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8148)

jasevk
24-09-2010, 10:45pm
I really like BetterPhotography... Usually plenty of fascinating articles ranging from shooting, to business