PDA

View Full Version : Metz 48AF-1 flash firmware update

elyshiamadison
19-09-2010, 11:27pm
Not sure if any of you that use the Metz 48 are aware... there's been an update released. I just updated mine, previously I couldn't get HSS to work with my Canon 550D, but since updating I now can use that function.
You can find it here:
Metz 48 Flash Update (http://www.metz.de/en/photo-electronics/firmware-download-flash-units/mecablitz-48-af-1-digital.html)

Hope this is helpful to someone :)

Ozzi Paul
23-09-2010, 7:48pm
Thanks for that, I downloaded the update a while back but couldn't put it on, think I may have got the wrong one maybe. This looks more like it. Will give it a go and see what happens.

elyshiamadison
23-09-2010, 10:33pm
If you have a prob with it let me know... I'll see if I can help.

Now my Canon actually communicates with the flash properly too ;) I can change settings in the custom menu's.

Ozzi Paul
23-09-2010, 11:37pm
Thanks, I got the update and read through it all and put it on, just have to try it out on the camera now and see how it goes. The last update I tried didn't seem to have very good instructions but the one you linked to was good. Actually, I think the one I got last time was all in German or something.

Ozzi Paul
24-09-2010, 12:10am
It still works so thats good. Just got a few shots of a Cockateil while bouncing the flash of the wall and they look ok so will check some more stuff out tomorrow. Is there a way to check what version the firmware is, I can't remember seeing it in the book.

elyshiamadison
24-09-2010, 12:54am
As you turn on the flash hold in the "Mode" button - this will tell you the firmware version.

I had that hold the breath and hope it turned on thought as well after updating lol!

Ozzi Paul
24-09-2010, 11:46am
Thanks for that, just tried it, firmware upgrade worked, now at 1.1.