PDA

View Full Version : canon s90 vs s95

wlolo429
17-09-2010, 7:43pm
is there any users here of either canon s90 or s95? i am thinking of buying either one for my girlfriend as birthday present but i can't really make up my mind... my girl is a superfans of Canon but she dislikes DSLRs which are too huge and heavy for a tiny her to carry :P my friends told me either of these cameras would be a great present for her!

actually budget is not a big concern to me but the most important thing would be the ease of usage of the camera and one more, my girl loves clubbing (i don't like..) and she wants to take nice pictures without great flash that almost blind everyone's eyes.

if you have a better option please let me know, QUALITY GOES FIRST! thanks :)

R1titan
17-09-2010, 7:50pm
The s95 is a great compact package and fits in the pocket with ease.

Another option which has great functionality and image quality is the Panasonic LX-5. Just not as pocketable though...

I myself wouldnt mind a s95 to play with :)

Old Skool
17-09-2010, 7:56pm
I've read reviews on the S90, don't think you can go wrong with this as a small pocket-able camera with great quality and fast lens which should be OK for low light pics. Otherwise you are looking at a bigger camera, ie G11, but too big & heavy IMO.

jdreamer
18-09-2010, 7:31am
Either one will do fine because they are both as good. If she wants HD video, then s95. Other than that, she probably can't tell the difference much. :)

mjp
18-09-2010, 9:47am
I answers this same question in another forum from the unanswered links, I'll repeat my comment here.

My wife and I share a S90. Well its mostly my wife, its almost always in her bag. It's a great camera. You can go complete manual. It can save RAW. It has a real apature.
I don't know the S95, so I can't tell you how they differ.

It is easy to use in the Program modes. Is wide angle enough for self group photos, small and effect flash, with would work great in clubs.

Any specific questions?
I can add a post some great images from this camera, and of this camera.

mjp
18-09-2010, 4:00pm
I can add a post some great images from this camera, and of this camera.
I migth take as an opportunity to post my first image. Canon S90 in action at my mum's latest :-) wedding.

Ninox
24-09-2010, 11:49pm
I've had the s90 since last April and it has never left my handbag - except when taking photos :)
I'm very happy with it, excellent photos and very easy to use, good in low light too

pmack
25-09-2010, 8:21am
what's it macro like guys?
we're needing a point n shoot for work.
i'm a little concerend about the flash being further away from the center of the lens than your typical point and shoot because we often need to take shots inside little cavities, so the popop flash will end up casting a bigger shadow... (obviously better for everything else, but macro not so much)
and i think it only zooms to 5cm, whereas other point and shoots are around 1~3cm...