PDA

View Full Version : Velvia

Boydie
16-09-2010, 10:53pm
Has any had any experience with Velvia 50F or 100F? If so, does it have same quality and sturation as the original Velvia 50? Any info would be appreciated. boydie

David Woods
19-09-2010, 6:16pm
Has any had any experience with Velvia 50F or 100F? If so, does it have same quality and sturation as the original Velvia 50? Any info would be appreciated. boydie

Hi Boydie

I didn't know they made a Velvia 50F, they make a 100F, Fuji did stop making 50 for a while, until users demanded they continued making it, so it is still the same 50 as before, I still use both the 50 and the 100F, my choice for colour saturating is the 50.

This is the decription Fuji has made for the 50 and the 100F.

I buy mine from the USA, $7 per roll

David

Fujichrome Velvia (RVP) is a daylight-type, high-image-quality color reversal film with an ISO speed rating of 50. This film retains extremely fine grain, resolving power, sharpness and brilliant color reproduction.

Highly Saturated Colors
The highest chroma and most vibrant skin tones of all Fujichrome films; superb color depiction featuring deep, rich hues
Improved Color Image Stability
The highest maximum density to date for more profound shadows and deeper blacks
• Excellent push-/pull-processing suitability
• Super-fine grain

Velvia 100-F is a medium-speed (ISO 100) daylight-type color reversal film. Achieves world-class color fidelity, reproducing even the most subtle hues, due to new Multi-Color-Correction-Layer technology. High resolution and super-fine grain (RMS 8), along with Provia 100F, of any ISO 100 color reversal film, due to Multi-Structured Sigma Crystal Technology.

Highly Saturated Colors
Offers high saturation on full range of colors which yield vivid results
Improved color image stability
Strategically designed couplers incorporated to improve color image stability (anti-fading characteristics)
• Excellent push-/ pull-processing suitability
• Super-fine grain

MattC
19-09-2010, 7:38pm
I just shot my first two rolls of 120 Velvia 50 - hope to get them in to be processed this week!
One thing I would like to know though -is it best to expose for the shadows, or highlights, or somewhere in between when using this film?

David Woods
20-09-2010, 10:10am
I just shot my first two rolls of 120 Velvia 50 - hope to get them in to be processed this week!
One thing I would like to know though -is it best to expose for the shadows, or highlights, or somewhere in between when using this film?

with b&w you expose for shadows, with slide you would blow the highlights out if you did this

Fantasyphoto
20-09-2010, 10:14am
...One thing I would like to know though -is it best to expose for the shadows, or highlights, or somewhere in between when using this film?

Always expose for the highlights when shooting transparency.

mongo
20-09-2010, 10:36am
Always expose for the highlights when shooting transparency.

Too right Fantasy!

Mongo does not know what the 50F or 100F are like but the old 50 ISO Velvia is being tragdedly missed by Mongo since he all but gave up film.