PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

wilto
14-09-2010, 9:00pm
Hey guys,
Its been a little while since i have been on here as have been very busy with work..But enough of that...
I have a little query on editing my photos, im shooting in raw and want to be able to edit my shots on elements but am having dramas dragging them onto elements as they need to be in another format i believe..
Previously i was using the camera raw program that is free on the internet but after being away from my computer for a little bit this program doesnt seem to be there anymore.
So now have been trying to find this site again so i can download the plug in.
So if anyone out there can help me on the camera raw program and if this is the cause why i cant drag the photos onto elements...
Any help would be greatly appreciated..
I really love taking the photos but the whole editing part drives me crazy i no i will get the hang of it eventually...
but just getting to that stage is very painful, ive purchased the photoshop for dummies book which i come under, but was wanting to no if anybody has any other suggestions for getting your head around the many options on the photoshop programs
Cheers Brad

ricktas
14-09-2010, 9:06pm
in elements go to Help and Check for updates, keep running it over and over till there are no more updates. If you have ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) installed it should also see that and make sure it us up to date. Once everything says you have the latest version, try again to open your Raw files.

As for books, look for anything by Scott Kelby

wilto
14-09-2010, 9:14pm
Thanks for your help Rick,
Will give it a go