PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the information on New to Photography

kazdez
14-09-2010, 12:43pm
Even though I have been a member for awhile now, and been shooting images for sometime, I have looked at the New to Photography forum today and I sure did learn stuff, now to put it all to use.

If you are new, make sure that you check this out.

Its better that a magazine anytime

Thank you so much
Karen

ricktas
14-09-2010, 12:45pm
Thanks Karen! When the idea came up, I was determined to ensure it was simple and easy to follow without the use of to much jargon, and laid out in a way that members could learn small bits at a time, in any order they wanted.

mynxt
14-09-2010, 2:10pm
Rick you have done a great job. When I am stuck and wanting to find information I always come back and see if I can find my answer here. I've even worked out why I don't like some sunset shots I took after looking through your latest challenge.

Thanks for all your hard work. :)

jasevk
14-09-2010, 9:24pm
We really are lucky to have such a brilliant site to come to for excellent information and discussion... Although I really need to pull my finger out and donate to the site, this thread reminded me hehe

ricktas
14-09-2010, 9:26pm
thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback. Remember suggestions are always welcome and if the site can be improved by a members suggestion, we will try and do it.

MESSINaround
04-12-2010, 3:17pm
After wanting to venture into Photography for years and not having money to get a decent DSLR I have finally plunged. I've had the camera a week and my brain is in overload...there is so much to learn and after finding this site I'm sure that will become all the more easier to do. There is so much I need learn about my camera and lenses etc and I'm sure that the members will help in any way they can. The jargon on some things is overwhelming but I am determined to plod away and learn it all and take some great pics and hopefully make it my career!

Thanks Rick and AP moderators for the site....after finding the site this morning it's hard to do anything else today.

fimmwolf
24-12-2010, 6:16am
I second what he (MESSINaround) said :th3:

salnel
24-12-2010, 1:03pm
This site really is amazing..I have discovered how useful the search button is..I have just been typing in all sorts of things I want to know about and 9 out of 10 times I find the information I need:) It is great because then I either don't start threads that are not needed or, if I can't find the exact answer, I have a better idea of what to ask. And, of course, the reason that there is so much info is the willingness of everyone to share their knowledge..much appreciated by a beginning photographer:xmas31:

wahaha
27-12-2010, 10:55pm
Yes I would like to thank everyone for sharing their advice and passion for photography.

Been really busy at work this year, but the great news is I might be required to take some photomontages for work next year =)

And the christmas break will now provide me with some free time to practice.

jasonchan20
28-12-2010, 3:18am
Hey guys. Just found and joined the website last night. I am still a beginner at DSLR but have found heaps of excellent information to read about and learn.

Just wanted to say Hi and thanks to the people that have contributed to this very useful forum.

Keep up the great work guys.

mini
02-01-2011, 10:01pm
I would like to say thanks for all the information that is available. It really makes things a little less daunting. :)