PDA

View Full Version : Giottos Vitruvian

kipp
13-09-2010, 11:04am
hi i've now had my new camera canon {7D} for a few weeks.
and have decided i now need a tripod, i need something that will fold up compact and weigh little, for hiking/biking use.
i have been doing some research and found what looks like a great idea, in the giottos vitruvian. see http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?ci=2635&N=4291756644+4291429298
they seem to make a few models carbon/aluminum/different heights/weights.
i would like to know if anybody has used one, and what they thought, also does anybody know of an australian supplier?
or is there a better option out there?
thanks kipp

revellious
21-10-2010, 3:03pm
I am not familiar with this brand but would just like to add that when selecting a tripod, it is important to always keep in mind the total weight of the camera + the heaviest lens you have or intend to have in the future - this way, you are less likely to buy another tripod as you upgrade in the future. I had a look at the specs of the tripod you are after and it looks decent enough. I use a Manfrotto brand. Good luck in your search and wish you well in your photography! :-)

Bercy
24-10-2010, 10:21pm
Looks very neat, particularly for backpacking. However, The legs have about 5 ring clamps on each leg. The makes about 15 tightening actions to put the tripod in operation use. I am sure even a sloth would have moved on by then. I have Manfrottos x2 and I would not go trekking with them though.

But I have needed a part for one. And the local camera shop guy got a box of miscellaneous parts and said "Here you are!". And that tripod was about 15 years old at least. Sorry, but bits can fall of in the dark and no, you can't find them. I would suggest going to pro shop, look at proper equipment, adn try it out. Would you buy shoes on the internet?